+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status change after paper file application submitted for pr

Amansidhu005

Feb 12, 2018
I applied for paper based PR from Prince Edward Island after applying i went back to India and got married . Cic emails said if any changes i have to let cic know about the changes by using case specific enquiry on there website ...
After i send enquiry what will happen will they only change my marital status? Or they will ask more documents of her ? How can my wife apply for her permanent residency? What the procedure and what should i do ?
And do i need to add any documents with case specific enquiry like marriage certificate or photos ?

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I applied for paper based PR from Prince Edward Island after applying i went back to India and got married . Cic emails said if any changes i have to let cic know about the changes by using case specific enquiry on there website ...
After i send enquiry what will happen will they only change my marital status? Or they will ask more documents of her ? How can my wife apply for her permanent residency? What the procedure and what should i do ?
And do i need to add any documents with case specific enquiry like marriage certificate or photos ?

Thank you
You will be asked to provide a set of updated forms containing the new information about your spouse. She will need to submit to a medical examination and provide a PCC. Your application cannot proceed until all of this has been completed.

Reactions: Amansidhu005

Amansidhu005

Feb 12, 2018
You will be asked to provide a set of updated forms containing the new information about your spouse. She will need to submit to a medical examination and provide a PCC. Your application cannot proceed until all of this has been completed.

So i will just send an enquiry for now .. and cic will ask the documents they needed time to time .. i dont need to submit anything now ..

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017

Thank you
most of the people from India got married after apply PR or got PR and does not live in Canada then asking for renewal PR Card,,,
you have to inform CIC your new marital status
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
wait for CIC instructions

Amansidhu005

Feb 12, 2018
Hi its me again will cic start every again becuz my pnp certificate is expired now .. will they ask for that then i have to take pnp again or just they will ask updated forms and spouse documents medical and pcc ? Please help with this

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi its me again will cic start every again becuz my pnp certificate is expired now .. will they ask for that then i have to take pnp again or just they will ask updated forms and spouse documents medical and pcc ? Please help with this
They won't ask for PNP certificate. A set of docs from your spouse with you being principle applicant and a set of yours (updated with married status) will be required.

Amansidhu005

Feb 12, 2018
They won't ask for PNP certificate. A set of docs from your spouse with you being principle applicant and a set of yours (updated with married status) will be required.
thank you I received an email confirming my message has been sent to the Sydney . Now waiting for them to ask for documents . Do you have idea what kind of forms they will ask for her and for me to I can be prepared for that by filling up those forms .

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
thank you I received an email confirming my message has been sent to the Sydney . Now waiting for them to ask for documents . Do you have idea what kind of forms they will ask for her and for me to I can be prepared for that by filling up those forms .
For spouse:
IMM 0008
IMM 5669
IMM0008DEP
IMM5406
Police Certificate
Passport copy
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Proof of fee Payment

For you: Check the Doc checklist and these docs wherever it says for each applicant, you need to update that for yourself (in other words wherever u mentioned single status change it to married). That's all I can recall