+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March, SDS, AIP in Aug., still waiting for the step 2

Mudasir sarrang

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
I have submitted my application which is in the SDS route in Mar. 2020. I received AIP in Aug. and my medical and fingerprint status was a pass. I am still waiting for my study permit. Does anyone want to share their situation? We can try to find some similarities in our applications. So, may we will know what is going on.
My situation is exactly Same .....

Reactions: CactusNyaNya

Reetgarg

Aug 24, 2019
Applied under SDS : March 4
Biometrics done : March 9
Medical Passed : June 23
AIP received :Sept 19

My college is not in DLI list with COVID 19 readiness plan. Hope it will appear on the list soon so that I will received my final approval.
my college is on list but still no response

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
I have submitted my application which is in the SDS route in Mar. 2020. I received AIP in Aug. and my medical and fingerprint status was a pass. I am still waiting for my study permit. Does anyone want to share their situation? We can try to find some similarities in our applications. So, may we will know what is going on.
Hi same here! Lodged. March, with AIP last Aug. Complete bio and medical.

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Many OPRs have been sent to applicants from India in the first week of November, mostly Non-SDS, very few SDS (those who applied very early and got previous refusals). Has any SDS applicant got OPR? please share your timeline.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Complete SDS application in March.
Medical pass in June
AIP in August
GCMS shows all as passed but Final is blank.
Outgoing OPR created in August but Not Started.

Notes section:
Text: Applicant meets SDS eligibility criteria, satisfied to approve.

Due date on application assessment : 2020/11/27.
havent heard from them after the AIP

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Have you checked your aip address from where it was processed? Like mine was from Edmonton office and some students were saying that further processing would be done in Ottawa office, if it was done in Edmonton. So it depends in which office our files are waiting for next processing. So even now, I am worried because it’s been more than 8 months now I have been filed my case. Winter intake is also approaching and till now no news. :(
It has come from Edmonton office because the workload was distributed from Ottawa to Edmonton. This was mentioned in my GCMS notes

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
It has come from Edmonton office because the workload was distributed from Ottawa to Edmonton. This was mentioned in my GCMS notes
what's extremely concerning is the fact that thousands of applications at Ottawa VO are delayed and some are even pending from 2018 & 2019 as seen on Twitter (mostly FSW, spousal sponsorship); let's hope such problems don't happen with study permit applicants because we can't afford further delays, and study is a big financial commitment as compared other types of applications like visitor visas.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
what's extremely concerning is the fact that thousands of applications at Ottawa VO are delayed and some are even pending from 2018 & 2019 as seen on Twitter (mostly FSW, spousal sponsorship); let's hope such problems don't happen with study permit applicants because we can't afford further delays, and study is a big financial commitment as compared other types of applications like visitor visas.
I know right. I just gave the last presentation for my first sem. I've paid around 8k CAD for what, recorded lectures with no info and worst quality.
And 27th Nov is the due date mentioned in my GCMS for my application assessment.
All my friends and classmates have gotten their OPRs and some of them have already moved to Canada. This is the point where my anxiety starts changing to jealousy, which I definitely don't want to happen.
I mean yes we're in difficult times, but I'm thinking if verifying and making decisions on applications has any impact on it.
IRCC needs to be more transparent and organized.
The part that scares me is that once it goes beyond Dec 8th,everyone starts preparing for the holidays. Also my documents like IELTS, medicals will expire and getting both of them done in the current situation is a pain in the @$$.