+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - April PNP PR Batch :)

ashisht

Aug 3, 2010
gzqgzq said:
It could be but it depends, I have been waiting 8 months since I got my AR in May, I don't think it's a good idea for me, but if you just started applying not long ago, then why not?
My application received in April 15. And I also have to send my passport for MRP which takes 12-16 weeks. I wonder if it is the right time to do that, or will I get a PPR before 12-16 weeks.

leikyut_31

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelbc said:
Hi Leikyut,

Do you mind sharing the email with us as the wording that CIC uses rarely changes and this would a good opportunity to compare. Just remove personal info. Many thanks!
Sorry I can't find the email now...Anyway status on my ECAS just change. Jan 5th "In Process"..
Let's hope for the fastest moving of our application this year. God Bless everyone! ; - )

alpha_centauri

Nov 25, 2014
leikyut_31 said:
Sorry I can't find the email now...Anyway status on my ECAS just change. Jan 5th "In Process"..
Let's hope for the fastest moving of our application this year. God Bless everyone! ; - )
It seems like with current processing speed, May 2014 applications will probably go in process in March 2015 and will probably get PPR in July/Aug 2015, where applicants from express category will probably get PPR by June 2015.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
alpha_centauri said:
It seems like with current processing speed, May 2014 applications will probably go in process in March 2015 and will probably get PPR in July/Aug 2015, where applicants from express category will probably get PPR by June 2015.
Wasn't the whole premise of PNP PR that provincial nominees have priority over ALL other candidates applying via other streams? So disappointing that this service standard was not met and us 2014 PNP applicants are getting the short end of the stick.

ATerra2

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Doc's Request.
25-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-07-2014
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
traxton said:
Wasn't the whole premise of PNP PR that provincial nominees have priority over ALL other candidates applying via other streams? So disappointing that this service standard was not met and us 2014 PNP applicants are getting the short end of the stick.
Indeed, or maybe provinces are complacent,..because people dont move during procesing time.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
traxton said:
Yes, exactly. Nominees were given priority over other PR applicants. This aspect of the PNP has made it incredibly popular among prospective immigrants (like yourself). In turn, visa offices have been flooded with PNP applications thus accounting for the slower processing time. Add to this, the fact that provinces have been nominating applicants who don't meet provincial criteria or who've misrepresented themselves on their PNP/PR applications.

If you're looking to place blame, direct it toward the provincial immigration offices who've proven to be weak in their selection process, leaving CIC to clean-up their mess.

Less face it, many of you have been beneficiaries of this broken system. If the PNP and the Federal immigration process was as efficient as many of you would like, you may not have been nominated to begin with.

You'll just have to take the good with the bad and be grateful that eventually you'll receive Permanent Residency. So what if it takes 4-8 months longer?

ashisht

Aug 3, 2010
A.G.Pennypacker said:
Yes, exactly. Nominees were given priority over other PR applicants. This aspect of the PNP has made it incredibly popular among prospective immigrants (like yourself). In turn, visa offices have been flooded with PNP applications thus accounting for the slower processing time. Add to this, the fact that provinces have been nominating applicants who don't meet provincial criteria or who've misrepresented themselves on their PNP/PR applications.

If you're looking to place blame, direct it toward the provincial immigration offices who've proven to be weak in their selection process, leaving CIC to clean-up their mess.

Less face it, many of you have been beneficiaries of this broken system. If the PNP and the Federal immigration process was as efficient as many of you would like, you may not have been nominated to begin with.

You'll just have to take the good with the bad and be grateful that eventually you'll receive Permanent Residency. So what if it takes 4-8 months longer?
Do you indirectly mean that those who do have valid qualification and are working in Canada and want the PR earlier for whatever reason should go with the express entry now ? Because as it stands we may get PR via express entry in 6 months right ?

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.G.Pennypacker said:

Wow!

Just wow!

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I take offence to your comment. You are making an ill blanketed statement just about everyone who has been caught in limbo for several months. No one should feel guilty about the f**k up of the system. At the end of the day there is only one culprit and that's CIC's inefficiency to deal with the matter. Who are you to say that everyone who has been nominated is guaranteed a PR in the first place? you don't know that so why are you assuming that you along with the 'fraudulent others' will all get PR eventually. Why should anyone feel bad about being nominated? Being fraudulent is a show of poor character but cheap insults and accusations like yours I am afraid might demonstrate even poorer character traits. This is a moment of frustration and anger for most of us but turning this into a forum of accusing others because of what is happening to you is not the way to go.There are too many of us who have been in this country legally (some for more than a decade -me included) who should be PR by now but are waiting patiently (or impatiently) in solidarity with everyone else. Being scornful, patronizing and intolerant are not the way to go. At the end of day, everyone is looking for a better outcome for themselves and they are not the ones to blame.So to quote the late Jack layton, love is better than anger.
Respectfully,
fenomenalb
A.G.Pennypacker said:

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
fenomenalb, you say:

"Who are you to say that everyone who has been nominated is guaranteed a PR in the first place?"

The approval rating for provincial nominees at the federal level is 96%. The approval rating at the provincial level is something like 94%.

Why? Because it's a broken system. CIC thinks the province does the screening, the province thinks CIC is doing the screening and as a result no one gets screened and a lot of cheaters find their way in to Canada.

Incidentally, the approval rating for other federal immigration avenues is approximately 60%.

The PNP system is a disaster..do some research and you'll see for yourself.

Once you become a citizen, you will understand my point of view.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/09/ontario-immigration-program-fails-to-report-fraud-auditor-report

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/2007/10/29/job_program_fuels_fraud_fears.html

just two of many examples I could post.

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.G.Pennypacker said:
fenomenalb, you say:

"Who are you to say that everyone who has been nominated is guaranteed a PR in the first place?"

The approval rating for provincial nominees at the federal level is 96%. The approval rating at the provincial level is something like 94%.

Why? Because it's a broken system. CIC thinks the province does the screening, the province thinks CIC is doing the screening and as a result no one gets screened and a lot of cheaters find their way in to Canada.

Incidentally, the approval rating for other federal immigration avenues is approximately 60%.

The PNP system is a disaster..do some research and you'll see for yourself.

Once you become a citizen, you will understand my point of view.
I'm not a citizen nor a permanent resident, however I make more than twice the Canadian average, which means I pay a lot of taxes!

Pretty much every immigrant I know is a hard worker, no matter whether they're PhDs or factory workers. They do also pay taxes!

I know a lot of Canadians living of social welfare, EI or other benefits. Can't remember of one single immigrant doing it.

Your citizen status doesn't change crap, my friend... Canadian, temporary or permanent resident, you MUST pay taxes!

Anyway, this is not the point. Not sure why I'm replying to your comment.

All I know is that...... THE ROOF, THE ROOF, THE ROOF IS ON FIREEEEEEEEE!!!

LOL! :p :p :p :p

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
mfwpg said:
I'm not a citizen nor a permanent resident, however I make more than twice the Canadian average, which means I pay a lot of taxes!

Pretty much every immigrant I know is a hard worker, no matter whether they're PhDs or factory workers. They do also pay taxes!

I know a lot of Canadians living of social welfare, EI or other benefits. Can't remember of one single immigrant doing it.

Your citizen status doesn't change crap, my friend... Canadian, temporary or permanent resident, you MUST pay taxes!

Anyway, this is not the point. Not sure why I'm replying to your comment.

All I know is that...... THE ROOF, THE ROOF, THE ROOF IS ON FIREEEEEEEEE!!!

You're suggesting that giving PR to cheaters is a good thing for Canada - CIC should rush through all PNP applications so they (CIC) don't inconvenience the applicants rather than thoroughly screen for misrepresentation? Given the PNP's track record for fraud, I think you're way off base.

LOL! :p :p :p :p