+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Spousal Outland Application

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
"We successfully received your document" Does this mean AOR for spouse?

Added spouse documents to the portal recently and they have added my wife as dependent in the IRCC portal. Let me know what stage we are in?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Spousal sponsorship (outland)
Sponsor: PR in Canada
Primary applicant: India
Application submitted on March 19, 2023
AOR received on May 18, 2023
SA on May 30, 2023
Medicals requested on May 31, 2023
Biometrics updated on May 31, 2023
Medicals completed on June 2, 2023
what does SA mean?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
"We successfully received your document" Does this mean AOR for spouse?

Added spouse documents to the portal recently and they have added my wife as dependent in the IRCC portal. Let me know what stage we are in?
Yes sir, you got your AOR!!! Now the SA...oh and that means Sponsorship Approval. You may get Bio and Med request in between.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Yes sir, you got your AOR!!! Now the SA...oh and that means Sponsorship Approval. You may get Bio and Med request in between.
We were asked for upfront medical which we submitted for my wife. That shows passed and how much do you think it takes to get Bio request?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We were asked for upfront medical which we submitted for my wife. That shows passed and how much do you think it takes to get Bio request?
Wait wait.....let me confirm that. You were asked for Upfront medicals?
Did you receive a medical examination request letter from IRCC ---> and then on the basis of that letter you got the medical appointment.
OR
Did you contacted the Medical examination center, simply gave them UCI and did the medical?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Wait wait.....let me confirm that. You were asked for Upfront medicals?
Did you receive a medical examination request letter from IRCC ---> and then on the basis of that letter you got the medical appointment.
OR
Did you contacted the Medical examination center, simply gave them UCI and did the medical?
So I am an Outland PNP candidate. I have applied for PR in April 2022. Below is my timeline.

I got ITA in March-2022 and applied in April -2022.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)

• In March – ITA

• 4/2/22 - Application sent

• 6/16/22 - Biometric request

• 6/16/22 - Medical passed

• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passes medical

Hope that makes everything clear.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
So I am an Outland PNP candidate. I have applied for PR in April 2022. Below is my timeline.

I got ITA in March-2022 and applied in April -2022.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)

• In March – ITA

• 4/2/22 - Application sent

• 6/16/22 - Biometric request

• 6/16/22 - Medical passed

• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passes medical

Hope that makes everything clear.
Firstly, thank you for providing the background. Every bit of detail helps.

But your response, is the second response i have received personally that, UPFRONT MEDICALS is ACCEPTED by CIC in Spousal PR cases.
thank you for confirming that.

And now to your question. Biometrics request letter arrives 1-2 days after AOR. So if they haven't sent it yet, believe me they will within couple of days at most.

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019

But your response, is the second response i have received personally that, UPFRONT MEDICALS is ACCEPTED by CIC in Spousal PR cases.

And now to your question. Biometrics request letter arrives 1-2 days after AOR. So if they haven't sent it yet, believe me they will within couple of days at most.
I am not sure you should interpret as such because normally if you add a dependent to your express entry application (I added my son in 2021 and I got the same request; medical, receipt to show I have paid the fee to add him, brith certificate and so on) so I did an upfront medicals for him and uploaded it as requested. The above person's application started as an express entry application and not a spousal application, these two are different. Any one who adds a dependent to their express entry application be it child or spouse will be asked for medicals after the addition has been acknowledged by IRCC.
The document checklist for spousal sponsorship clearly states to wait to be contacted before going for the medicals. it maybe that some or a few have done it and they were lucky but it is better to follow instructions.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I am not sure you should interpret as such because normally if you add a dependent to your express entry application (I added my son in 2021 and I got the same request; medical, receipt to show I have paid the fee to add him, brith certificate and so on) so I did an upfront medicals for him and uploaded it as requested. The above person's application started as an express entry application and not a spousal application, these two are different. Any one who adds a dependent to their express entry application be it child or spouse will be asked for medicals after the addition has been acknowledged by IRCC.
The document checklist for spousal sponsorship clearly states to wait to be contacted before going for the medicals. it maybe that some or a few have done it and they were lucky but it is better to follow instructions.
I was actually convinced on that, till i saw this page on CIC website. Have you checked it? While reading it, the critical difference is the requirement that you have to be in Canada. But what im seeing in 2 different cases so far (the first instance), that CIC has accepted upfront or prior medicals.
===================================================================================
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:
  • You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your family members must also have a medical exam, even if they’re not coming with you.
=====================================================================================

Reactions: Temidayo_

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
I was actually convinced on that, till i saw this page on CIC website. Have you checked it? While reading it, the critical difference is the requirement that you have to be in Canada. But what im seeing in 2 different cases so far (the first instance), that CIC has accepted upfront or prior medicals.
===================================================================================
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:
  • You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your family members must also have a medical exam, even if they’re not coming with you.
=====================================================================================
Yes this is the case if you’re applying as an in-land applicant and had a medical ms completed in the last 5 years.

This is a March outland thread so I am assuming that every post here relates to outland applicants except stated otherwise.
As for the first instance his post was not clear but there is a possibility that he did it ahead, good for him.

I am personally pro- following instructions as written hence, my above write up. I will stop here so I don’t skew away from the purpose this thread was created. All the be to us all.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023

Received Biometrics Request Letter today. Just like you guessed.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Review of additional documents status changed from "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" to " Not Applicable"
Let me know if you guys know if this suggests that the review is complete?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Great news guys --all my eligibility, medical, biometrics, background verification shows passed on application tracker. I think finally they double checked my POF documents and approved my eligibility.

Now my spouse has to provide biometrics and her verification and eligibility will begin.
Hi you're on wrong forum buddy and its confusing. Yours is a PNP application. and people here all are family spousal sponsorship applicants. Please don't continue your updates here.

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello,
I am March 22nd 2023 applicant.
Got AOR May 19th 2023.
Got SA and Bio letter June 19th 2023.
Got file transferred to Ho Chi Minh office.

Next is waiting for Bio confirmation, passed then medical exam within 2 months, I hope
Cheer and beer.

Reactions: Suryarao611

ghouliette

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.