Jul 17, 2023
Timeline 2023 inland
Applied March 31st
Aor May 3rd
Pre arrival 8th June
Eligibility for principal and sponsor 29th June
Confirmation Permanent Residence
portal email 30th August

In my application status tracker I already have my COPR numbers and confirmation. Just waiting on email response from IRCC to login into portal to confirm my status as a PR in Canada :)

Fos1998

Jan 9, 2023
I think the Etobicoke office sends out the second email faster than the Montreal office. Please let us know when you receive the email with credentials.

Thanks, and goodluck.
My pr confirmation was created on Wednesday morning, I confirmed everything already, just waiting on ircc to review address and photo now

Reactions: riri207

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
got my COPR on my birthday which was a nice treat, just need to get another passport photo done for my card which is weird since I sent photo's with my application, but that doesn't matter, I have t now which is awesome, and on my birthday was surreal

Reactions: Fos1998 and VLiu

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
Also do I have to create an account for the PR Portal? or do I reply with all the information including a passport style picture to the PR Confirmation Email?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
My pr confirmation was created on Wednesday morning, I confirmed everything already, just waiting on ircc to review address and photo now
Does this mean you got the credentials? Kinda sounds like it, and if so, congratulations. This confirms that the Etobicoke office is faster than the Montreal office.

Reactions: Fos1998

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Also do I have to create an account for the PR Portal? or do I reply with all the information including a passport style picture to the PR Confirmation Email?
I think they stated somewhere that we shouldn't create the account ourself. You just have to reply to the email with the information they asked for.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hi!
You don't need to create the account. With the information they requested from you they will create your account and will provide a temporary password.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
I submitted my application on March 15th and received the AIP on June 29th. However, since then, there have been no updates. It's puzzling to see that individuals who applied later than I did have already been granted access to the PR portal. I'm in the dark about when I might receive approval for my PR. Currently, the background verification is in progress, but I'm concerned that it may have triggered a security screening process. I've heard that security screenings can sometimes take several months or even a couple of years. Fingers crossed, I could hear good news recently.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I submitted my application on March 15th and received the AIP on June 29th. However, since then, there have been no updates. It's puzzling to see that individuals who applied later than I did have already been granted access to the PR portal. I'm in the dark about when I might receive approval for my PR. Currently, the background verification is in progress, but I'm concerned that it may have triggered a security screening process. I've heard that security screenings can sometimes take several months or even a couple of years. Fingers crossed, I could hear good news recently.
I think you'll hear something soon, if not, try calling them to see what might be holding up the progress of the application.

Reactions: VLiu

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
I think you'll hear something soon, if not, try calling them to see what might be holding up the progress of the application.
I tried calling them, was very difficult to get any useful info out of them, the person kept repeating that the application is within the current review time of 10 months. No matter what I asked.

Reactions: VLiu

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I tried calling them, was very difficult to get any useful info out of them, the person kept repeating that the application is within the current review time of 10 months. No matter what I asked.
Yea, it is true that they'll tell you something like that. But sometimes, I guess it comes by the grace of God that a rep tells you what the issue might be, if any. Either way, once you get an update, other updates follow almost immediately.