+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Josh12$

Aug 9, 2023
Inland application:Sponsor and principal applicant eligibility approval letter received.Pls what come next?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
UPDATE:
I know most of you are past this stage already, but I had a hiccup with my application where we submitted the wrong marriage certificate. After 2 tries, we finally submitted the right one. Sponsor Eligibility was set to completed same day we got the initial request to resubmit the marriage certificate (early June), but the PA's eligibility was not. Today,PA got the pre-arrival letter, and eligibility was marked as completed. Background check is still in progress, but I was wondering what might be next after the update today.

Thanks.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
UPDATE:
I know most of you are past this stage already, but I had a hiccup with my application where we submitted the wrong marriage certificate. After 2 tries, we finally submitted the right one. Sponsor Eligibility was set to completed same day we got the initial request to resubmit the marriage certificate (early June), but the PA's eligibility was not. Today,PA got the pre-arrival letter, and eligibility was marked as completed. Background check is still in progress, but I was wondering what might be next after the update today.

Thanks.
I believe your course of action is to simply await the successful completion of the background check, even though a significant number of individuals find themselves held up at this stage for multiple months or sometimes even a few years. Along with some individuals who received AIP on June 29th, 2023, I, too, am in the process of awaiting the completion of the background check. I am hopeful that our PR approval will be granted in the near future.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I believe your course of action is to simply await the successful completion of the background check, even though a significant number of individuals find themselves held up at this stage for multiple months or sometimes even a few years. Along with some individuals who received AIP on June 29th, 2023, I, too, am in the process of awaiting the completion of the background check. I am hopeful that our PR approval will be granted in the near future.
Thanks for your response.
Where did you see when your Background check started? And if PA's passport is going to expire early next year (they have work permit), is it better to renew it before IRCC requests for their passport (if they do this)?

Thanks.

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
I have got an account on new application tracker and background check is in progress forever like most people(applied 28-Mar-23). However, when I tried to link application on GCkey, it says no application found? I am trying to link it under same GCkey account I used to apply for OWP. Details I am using like UCI, App number etc. are correct.(I assume it is PA details not sponsors)

riri207

Mar 22, 2023
Hello everyone,

I received a letter from IRCC about the finalization of my PR application today. They requested my personal information via email, and I guess will receive the invitation to the PR portal to confirm my presence in Canada. I hope I am right?

Yayy... finally ...

Reactions: VLiu

Josh12$

Aug 9, 2023
Inland application:Sponsor and principal applicant eligibility approval letter received.Pls what come next?…please say something

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

I received a letter from IRCC about the finalization of my PR application today. They requested my personal information via email, and I guess will receive the invitation to the PR portal to confirm my presence in Canada. I hope I am right?

Yayy... finally ...
congratulations! Thanks for your update.

Reactions: riri207

ENNjoyH0

Aug 14, 2023
I have got an account on new application tracker and background check is in progress forever like most people(applied 28-Mar-23). However, when I tried to link application on GCkey, it says no application found? I am trying to link it under same GCkey account I used to apply for OWP. Details I am using like UCI, App number etc. are correct.(I assume it is PA details not sponsors)
When put in number of applicants, should be PA + Sponsor + children( if applicable), so at least 2

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
When put in number of applicants, should be PA + Sponsor + children( if applicable), so at least 2
Great! thank you. I was hoping I would get more information on GCkey since there has been no updated for 3 months on BG check. But it is actually one step behind the new tracker, shows we are reviewing eligibility when both PA and Sponsor already received letter in June.

Long painful wait continues.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
UPDATE:

So I signed in to the application tracker, and I noticed that my background check is now set to "completed", and I see a date on the COPR tab with a document number, and expiry date.

I have not received an email yet, and GCKey hasn't been updated yet, but the tracker was updated today.

Based on the timeline, the eligibility was completed on 22nd, and background check was completed on 25th.

What might be the next step?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
UPDATE:

i received the portal invite and my copr number and expiry updated on tracker
I just got the email as well, and mine has something about Montreal on it. I haven't heard anything good from the Montreal office, I hope it all goes smoothly this time.