12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
Open Work Permit approved today!!
It had been sent on April 4th - took 127 days in total. My wife had a student permit that was expiring in August so this is very timely!
Also RAMQ confirmed she will get her card for medicare for September 1 :)

Reactions: Didi01

newsted83

Jun 22, 2021
Open Work Permit approved today!!
It had been sent on April 4th - took 127 days in total. My wife had a student permit that was expiring in August so this is very timely!
Also RAMQ confirmed she will get her card for medicare for September 1 :)
Hi, We also applied from Quebec. March 17th
We got work permit a mont ago. I was wondering if you already got AIP. Because you say you will get Ramq card.

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Hello all, a general question, does the marriage certificate issued in India, has to have a physical signature or an online signature by the registrar is acceptable?

Jumss

Star Member
Mar 26, 2023
I'm in same position as you! Dont worry you are on implied status until you either get qork permit or PR! I've been waiting on BGC since June 29th as that wheb I received AIP! We both on last step shouldn't be long
Hello please I need answers to this, I am in canada on a visitor visa, got a stamp on my visa for 30/09/2023, my spouse applied for my inland pr but no aor yet so I can’t apply for owp, in my case what can I do to stay since my status expires on 30 sept , am I on implied status or do I need to apply for extension since my inland pr has been submitted

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
You dont' need offical proof of funds. But you need to demonstrate that the sponsor can suport the PA and they will not need social assistance. (e.g. if housing is provied by families, will be temporary living with families, have savings, already have job/income sources in Canada...etc)
Hi, could you please answer this for me, I paid the $255 OWP fees prior to submitting my OWP application. Now, in order to proceed and submit the OWP application, they are requesting for the payment again. So basically, I can not continue to submit my application if I do not pay again. What should I do in this matter? Thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, could you please answer this for me, I paid the $255 OWP fees prior to submitting my OWP application. Now, in order to proceed and submit the OWP application, they are requesting for the payment again. So basically, I can not continue to submit my application if I do not pay again. What should I do in this matter? Thanks in advance
Back in the old time, we can attach the receipt of the OWP payment. I am not sure how it's done now with everything being done online with wizard-like step by step screens.

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
Back in the old time, we can attach the receipt of the OWP payment. I am not sure how it's done now with everything being done online with wizard-like step by step screens.
Got it. I don't know, they should probably fix this issue. Looks like a lot of people are getting into this issue. Anyways, thank you for your reply. I might pay again and ask for a refund on previously paid fees.

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
This was such a pain for me, I pent literally months trying to contact IRCC about this, but it seemed no one there knows about it and I got bounced from person to person, each time with at least a week to 2 weeks response time. I asked an immigration lawyer we used for advice about this, and he say's he has so many applicants in the same situation, that now he advises people not to do that option and apply for an OWP after you submit. And that if you have done that option, in the case of me and you, we just have to pay again and hope for a refund when everything goes through, I spent that much time trying to figure it out, I have just not applied for an OWP as hopefully I'll just get my PR first.

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
This was such a pain for me, I pent literally months trying to contact IRCC about this, but it seemed no one there knows about it and I got bounced from person to person, each time with at least a week to 2 weeks response time. I asked an immigration lawyer we used for advice about this, and he say's he has so many applicants in the same situation, that now he advises people not to do that option and apply for an OWP after you submit. And that if you have done that option, in the case of me and you, we just have to pay again and hope for a refund when everything goes through, I spent that much time trying to figure it out, I have just not applied for an OWP as hopefully I'll just get my PR first.
really sad and annoyed to hear this thing. I have submitted the request for refund. So, I'm gonna wait for few more days for their response. If I don't get anything, sadly I will have to pay again and submit the application. I got confused from some user's reply here to attach the fee receipt with the application so I paid upfront only to realize later about this messed up thing. Anyways, hope you get your PR soon.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
I did it something similar a while ago and if I'm not mistaken, on the questions they give at beginning of the application, there should be a question similar to this: "there is fees associated to this application, are you paying for those fees?" You have to select "NO" or "I'm exempt", do not select "yes" other wise it will ask you to pay again. Then where is the section where you need to submit all your documents, there should be one with its on box/field where you can attach payment receipt as proof of payment.

veiron007

Sep 20, 2019
I did it something similar a while ago and if I'm not mistaken, on the questions they give at beginning of the application, there should be a question similar to this: "there is fees associated to this application, are you paying for those fees?" You have to select "NO" or "I'm exempt", do not select "yes" other wise it will ask you to pay again. Then where is the section where you need to submit all your documents, there should be one with its on box/field where you can attach payment receipt as proof of payment.
Thanks a lot for the help. Although I have already submitted the request for refund but this is really useful. Appreciate it

Reactions: Maria0000

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
Hi, We also applied from Quebec. March 17th
We got work permit a mont ago. I was wondering if you already got AIP. Because you say you will get Ramq card.
Yes, we got AIP end of June.
Regarding RAMQ, here's what we did...
When we received the CSQ (end of April), the paperwork there seemed to imply we could go ahead and apply for things like RAMQ. So we booked a call with RAMQ to register, they confirmed on the phone we would only be eligible with the AIP, but they still sent in the paperwork (by mail) to apply.
Then, once we got the AIP, we used the form RAMQ had sent in and applied immediately. They then confirmed we were eligible and the RAMQ card would be effective September 1st (my wife had health insurance as a foreign student effective until August 31st, so this is perfect).