+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Marshmallows

Oct 6, 2023
Use the AOR to apply for your open work permit. IRCC does not really care about if you have linked your PR application to the IRCC account.
Thank you VLiu. I was wondering how you apply for OWP. Did you apply through your IRCC secure account? I tried to apply online through my account but I cant find the tab for the checklist and procedures. If you could share the info on how you do it, I will highly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Thank you VLiu. I was wondering how you apply for OWP. Did you apply through your IRCC secure account? I tried to apply online through my account but I cant find the tab for the checklist and procedures. If you could share the info on how you do it, I will highly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
I applied through my IRCC GCKEY account. Based on my experience, you can follow the protocol below:

1. Log in to your GCKEY account.
  2. Click on 'Apply to come to Canada.'
  3. Answer a series of questions.
  4. You will get a checklist specific to you based on the answers to the questions.

Marshmallows

Oct 6, 2023
I applied through my IRCC GCKEY account. Based on my experience, you can follow the protocol below:

1. Log in to your GCKEY account.
  2. Click on 'Apply to come to Canada.'
  3. Answer a series of questions.
  4. You will get a checklist specific to you based on the answers to the questions.
Thank you so much. I also had sign up to the application status tracker. Do you guys have any experience on eligiblity and background check? Do you have any ideas how long that will take? My status says In progress for the BGC and the Eligility has not yet started.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Is there anyone currently awaiting clearance through background verification? Considering that the standard processing time for the Inland Spousal Sponsorship application is 10 months, as shown on the IRCC website, an application submitted in March 2023 is expected to receive a decision by January 2024.