+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The point is now we can ask them if it’s beyond our processing time. Some applications who undergoes security screening will be the exceptional cases. In those qlso i feel maximum time for processing will be 7 months. Before we were not in a position to take any action considering the time was 24 months
Hopefully, this could also change SLA time (maybe less than 6 months?) next year if IRCC's listed FSW-O time stays at 7 months.

Reactions: KTYD

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
That's good to see. When we had 27 months as waiting time - it was considered for Writ of Mandamus. If someone was within that timeline, the case against IRCC for unreasonable delay was dismissed without any further consideration.

However, I don't know how 7 months can become the new timeline for Writ of Mandamus as IRCC will continue to send some applicants for comprehensive security checks (which are unlikely to meet that criteria).
Do they actually use that 80th percentile processing time for argument against Writ of Mandamus? IMO that stat is pretty meaningless. I'm pretty sure the reason its down to 7 months is because they only restarted FSW ITAs a year ago, so every approved case has processing times < 12months, which heavily skewed the 80th percentile towards shorter periods.

Reactions: KTYD

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Do they actually use that 80th percentile processing time for argument against Writ of Mandamus? IMO that stat is pretty meaningless. I'm pretty sure the reason its down to 7 months is because they only restarted FSW ITAs a year ago, so every approved case has processing times < 12months, which heavily skewed the 80th percentile towards shorter periods.
For Writ for Mandamus, yes. I guess, that's why IRCC is very conservative with SLAs and Processing times on their website. From a Writ of Mandamus text that I was reading a while back. Read the last line here (very interesting).

>Clear Right to the Performance of that Duty/ Unreasonable Delay
In the vast majority of cases in the immigration context where mandamus is sought, the issue of whether to grant mandamus effectively concerns the clear right to the performance of the duty, or more accurately, the reasonableness of the delay during which no such performance has occurred.

>From the reasons of the Court, it appears that three
requirements must be met if a delay is to be considered
unreasonable:
(1) the delay in question has been longer than the nature of the
process required, prima facie;
(2) the applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the
delay; and
(3) the authority responsible for the delay has not provided
satisfactory justification.

>Thus, when contemplating whether to commence a mandamus application, counsel should make reference to the processing times listed on the CIC website. Unreasonable delay can only be determined in comparison to average processing times.

Last edited:

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
I got my GCMS notes today and the last entry was on 2023/04/03 (File transferred to DN for review- stat questions spouse). AOR 2 March, My spouse's open work permit was refused two times back in 2019 so I submitted additional documents regarding previous visa denials in client information section.
when did you applied for notes and how did you get it? on email ?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
For Writ for Mandamus, yes. I guess, that's why IRCC is very conservative with SLAs and Processing times on their website. From a Writ of Mandamus text that I was reading a while back. Read the last line here (very interesting).

>Clear Right to the Performance of that Duty/ Unreasonable Delay
In the vast majority of cases in the immigration context where mandamus is sought, the issue of whether to grant mandamus effectively concerns the clear right to the performance of the duty, or more accurately, the reasonableness of the delay during which no such performance has occurred.

>From the reasons of the Court, it appears that three
requirements must be met if a delay is to be considered
unreasonable:
(1) the delay in question has been longer than the nature of the
process required, prima facie;
(2) the applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the
delay; and
(3) the authority responsible for the delay has not provided
satisfactory justification.

>Thus, when contemplating whether to commence a mandamus application, counsel should make reference to the processing times listed on the CIC website. Unreasonable delay can only be determined in comparison to average processing times.
I'm not surprised, politicians sure will keep these legislations as closed as possible to be fair to new immigrants.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
I am losing patience, My application is stuck at review required for stat question. the last update I got is on March 28 (BIL) and then on April 19th - BG went into progress (Mass update). Don't know why there are taking so long. I am PNP Inland.

Reactions: At the start

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am losing patience, My application is stuck at review required for stat question. the last update I got is on March 28 (BIL) and then on April 19th - BG went into progress (Mass update). Don't know why there are taking so long. I am PNP Inland.
Review for stat questions is bound to invite addition scrutiny and delayed processing. You need to wait till your application is reviewed, nothing that you can do to expedite.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

mololokoko

Jul 9, 2023
CEC-INLAND-SCORE 516-
AOR- 13 MARCH
MEDICAL COMPLETED ON TRACKER BUT NOT ON GCKEY ACCOUNT
4 MAY- REQUEST FOR BIOMETRICS
17 MAY- REQUEST TO PAY FRPR AND BIOMETRIC SUBMITTED
17 MAY-BIO LINKED AND COMPLETED ON TRACKER
31 MAY- REQUEST TO PROVE INTENT TO RESIDE OUTSIDE QUEBEC/ELIGIBILITY IS COMPLETED SAME DAY
6 JUNE- PROOF OF INTENT OF RESIDING OUTSIDE QC AND FRPR SUBMITTED
12 JUNE-ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ARE BEING REVIEWD
I called them 14 june to confirm that they received documents related to proof of leaving QC cause I submitted them a bit late(7 june). They said it's ok.
27 JUNE- MEDICAL EXTENDED AND PASSED ON GCKEY AND UPDATED ON TRACKER AGAIN.
BACKGROUND STILL IN PROGRESS...
FINGERS CROSSED. I HOPE I WILL RECEIVE MY PR THIS WEEK.

Last edited:
Reactions: markcm

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello Guys,

Tracker updated today and my Eligibility is now changed to "in progress" only for me. BGC is also in progress for me and my wife since 19 April.

What to expect next?

How much time Eligibility process will take?

Last edited:

mololokoko

Jul 9, 2023
Hello Guys,

Tracker updated today and my Eligibility is now changed to "in progress" only for me. BGC is also in progress for me and my wife since 19 April.

What to expect next?

How much time Eligibility process will take?
From AOR 13 March from eligibility in progress to Eligibility complete, it took me 2 months and 18 days in my case.

Reactions: At the start

mololokoko

Jul 9, 2023
I actually have a question. My background check is " we are processing your background check since 27 june" how much time should it take to be completed ?

Reactions: markcm

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I actually have a question. My background check is " we are processing your background check since 27 june" how much time should it take to be completed ?
This can take few days to weeks to months

Many people had this clear up overnight and got their Portal / RFV
While some are stuck from Aug 2022 - Sadly there is no prediction around this

Good Luck with yours