+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Sydney primary Montreal secondary.
My hunch is that The fast processing is attributed to Sydney and this mess is def by Montreal. Links to Montreal are causing delays in processing one way or other. Please don’t wait on receiving email - do follow up now that you know.
I read a post somewhere that some applicant missed the email altogether and PR got declined due to it.

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
My hunch is that The fast processing is attributed to Sydney and this mess is def by Montreal. Links to Montreal are causing delays in processing one way or other. Please don’t wait on receiving email - do follow up now that you know.
I read a post somewhere that some applicant missed the email altogether and PR got declined due to it.
Oh, I fully intend to. I web formed and emailed two of their emails so far.

Reactions: nishkers and Pdm_ca

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The agent said she would let them know I didn't receive it, and they may resend it.
It is infuriating though. How is it that they are unaware of such an important email never being sent out. They can easily build a dashboard tracking application approved and email sent, raise a notification when an application was approved but no email was sent for 48 hours - but no! It is such a basic thing to do! Otoh, they can make it simpler and as easy as a button click from an applicant to re-request the portal email.

With IRCC making these mistakes ,advocating for reasonable asks from applicants feels stupid, as there are no reasonable asks. There were clear delays as an implication to you had you not followed up with them. There are those who have waited as long as 2-3+ months because of this error. Here's another similar case: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/1st-portal-email-how-long-after-application-is-approved-waiting-for-50-days.741912/post-9749937

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
It is infuriating though. How is it that they are unaware of such an important email never being sent out. They can easily build a dashboard tracking application approved and email sent, raise a notification when an application was approved but no email was sent for 48 hours - but no! It is such a basic thing to do! Otoh, they can make it simpler and as easy as a button click from an applicant to re-request the portal email.

With IRCC making these mistakes ,advocating for reasonable asks from applicants feels stupid, as there are no reasonable asks. There were clear delays as an implication to you had you not followed up with them. There are those who have waited as long as 2-3+ months because of this error. Here's another similar case: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/1st-portal-email-how-long-after-application-is-approved-waiting-for-50-days.741912/post-9749937
Ahh, this is a common case, then. I'm trying to do precisely what the person in that post did. I'm trying to email their virtual landing team to let them know I didn't receive the email so they can resend it. However, I haven't found the Montreal or Sydney emails for the PR portal. Hopefully, I'll hear something soon.

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Hey!! What exactly is the eligibility check?? In the tracker it shows it’s the check whether we can sponsor the person accompanying us to Canada. That’s what written in what is eligibility in the application tracker to. Since i am the single applicant will it be quick for me?

But i read somewhere that eligibility is the scrutiny of the documents you submitted. But isn’t it done before the biometrics request is processed. Else why would they update medical or biometrics! Just curious to know. Because tracker states another meaning!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
The tracker was initially designed only for Spousal Sponsorship applications and hence the message. You can ignore that. Being single should definitely be fast compared to application with multiple people.

I would assume eligibility is overall process - points you claimed, medical admissibility , background/criminal checks etc. I would again assume - eligibility is passed/approved only when you clear everything as mentioned. I am no expert though :)

Reactions: KTYD

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
The tracker was initially designed only for Spousal Sponsorship applications and hence the message. You can ignore that. Being single should definitely be fast compared to application with multiple people.

I would assume eligibility is overall process - points you claimed, medical admissibility , background/criminal checks etc. I would again assume - eligibility is passed/approved only when you clear everything as mentioned. I am no expert though :)
Thanks for the input:)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey!! What exactly is the eligibility check?? In the tracker it shows it’s the check whether we can sponsor the person accompanying us to Canada. That’s what written in what is eligibility in the application tracker to. Since i am the single applicant will it be quick for me?

But i read somewhere that eligibility is the scrutiny of the documents you submitted. But isn’t it done before the biometrics request is processed. Else why would they update medical or biometrics! Just curious to know. Because tracker states another meaning!
Instead of writing over DMs (as we were doing) sharing it here.

R10 or document completeness check is what you see when you get MEP/BIL. At this point IRCC has only verified that you have submitted all required documents and that your application is complete and now it'll be evaluated. In the eligibility check, they verify POF, employment (occassionally), etc docs submitted by you.

About eligibility itself is determining if:
  1. the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  2. when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Eligibility is about:
1. Ensuring an applicant meets MEC(minimum entry criteria)
2. Threshold CRS was maintained between ITA and e-APR

This is also a part of A11.2 assessment. You can read more about it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Last edited:
Reactions: KTYD

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Update on my case: I got PR Portal 2 email today. I emailed all four PR Portal emails I could find last night with my details, and one replied today with my temp password. I logged in and did the declaration, and mail, pic upload. I am now waiting for eCopr.

Daren, if you want to update my info on the tracker. My PR portal 1 was sent to me on the 12th of April (Never received it) Pr portal 2 28th of April. Ill update when ecopr comes through

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Update on my case: I got PR Portal 2 email today. I emailed all four PR Portal emails I could find last night with my details, and one replied today with my temp password. I logged in and did the declaration, and mail, pic upload. I am now waiting for eCopr.
Congratulations :)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Congrats! One part of your journey is almost ending now. Hope you decide not to churn and keep checking in. Let's make settlement and other parts of the forum equally valuable as EE is.

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Congrats! One part of your journey is almost ending now. Hope you decide not to churn and keep checking in. Let's make settlement and other parts of the forum equally valuable as EE is.
Oh, I will 100% keep everyone updated, and even help out anyone who get's stuck in the same situation as me because it was such a weird situation to be stuck in. I will stick around. :)