+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Am I the only one (AOR 3 March) whose background status in gckey did not change to NA? Is there anyone here with roughly the same AOR whose background status in gckey is still "we are processing..." ?
Me, im Aor March 04, and my background is the same as yours. However, tracker has my background completed as of April 11th.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
It is my understanding that the process is as follows:
1. BG in GCKey + tracker show “in progress” = criminality is in progress
2. BG in GCKey goes NA = Criminality is done
3. BG in tracker goes complete + BG in GCkey goes “in process” again = security is in process
4. Security done = PPR

Last edited:

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
It is my understanding that the process is as follows:
1. BG in GCKey + tracker show “in progress” = criminality is in progress
2. BG in GCKey goes to NA = Criminality is done
3. BG in tracker goes to complete + BG in GCkey goes to “in process” again = security is in process
4. Security done = PPR
Hi!
AOR-14 March
Since my R10 is not done yet, would the BG change in GC key to NA mean anything?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Well your R10 could be done, but there is no way to check it. I assume that if criminality is done also R10 is done.
R10 pass is usually before any other stages are past. The case usually won't progress (e.g. to criminality) if completeness check isn't there. However, if someone's a PNP, they could technically have BGS completed by the province and R10 pass could lag behind.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
R10 pass is usually before any other stages are past. The case usually won't progress (e.g. to criminality) if completeness check isn't there. However, if someone's a PNP, they could technically have BGS completed by the province and R10 pass could lag behind.
I am FSW-O
What can I do ? Any suggestions ?
Waiting day and night for MEP and BIL.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am FSW-O
What can I do ? Any suggestions ?
Waiting day and night for MEP and BIL.
If you don't have any illness that could lead to a PFL, don't worry about MEP. BIL comes right when you are MEP. It could be slow for you, but it will come. Would be very helpful to you if you deviate yourself completely towards settlement part post PPR/RFV. Trust me, post BIL you'll feel a bit more lost as the only thing to look forward is PPR/RFV.

Ideally, most people start looking into settlement after PPR/RFV - you can start right now, figure out everything, and simply book your tickets with confidence to move faster. You are moving to a new country and it could be a bit scary. Spend time thoughtfully talking to people in your targets jobs in Canada, about real estate, day care, etc.

It took me months to figure it all out for myself. I already have a job in Canada and have little concern for capital - but from driving license, buying vs renting, etc to moving my pets - I carefully went through a lot of options and decided what was best for me. I'm one of those cases who got pre-approved for a home mortgage before landing in Canada. So many things that you'll see people say is impossible to do, so many things that are uniquely you - you need time to figure out those. I'd really suggest you find time to support the unique YOU.

I decided to buy a home instead of renting - as renting in Canada is a bit hard with pets and buying is cheaper if you can afford. At the end, I'm not moving anytime soon as one of my dog was diagnosed terminal very recently. But I have the satisfaction that I at least tried to give him the best I could :)

I'd suggest you dream a bit more about your life as a PR and see for yourself what's available and what's not.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
If you don't have any illness that could lead to a PFL, don't worry about MEP. BIL comes right when you are MEP. It could be slow for you, but it will come. Would be very helpful to you if you deviate yourself completely towards settlement part post PPR/RFV. Trust me, post BIL you'll feel a bit more lost as the only thing to look forward is PPR/RFV.

Ideally, most people start looking into settlement after PPR/RFV - you can start right now, figure out everything, and simply book your tickets with confidence to move faster. You are moving to a new country and it could be a bit scary. Spend time thoughtfully talking to people in your targets jobs in Canada, about real estate, day care, etc.

It took me months to figure it all out for myself. I already have a job in Canada and have little concern for capital - but from driving license, buying vs renting, etc to moving my pets - I carefully went through a lot of options and decided what was best for me. I'm one of those cases who got pre-approved for a home mortgage before landing in Canada. So many things that you'll see people say is impossible to do, so many things that are uniquely you - you need time to figure out those. I'd really suggest you find time to support the unique YOU.

I decided to buy a home instead of renting - as renting in Canada is a bit hard with pets and buying is cheaper if you can afford. At the end, I'm not moving anytime soon as one of my dog was diagnosed terminal very recently. But I have the satisfaction that I at least tried to give him the best I could :)

I'd suggest you dream a bit more about your life as a PR and see for yourself what's available and what's not.
Thats so good of you to put it so nicely.
thanks much for your suggestions:)
I will definitely try to look out for these things as its important than wasting time afterwards.
I am more concerned because I am seperated from my spouse and I so eagerly want to unite with him.
Hope to get some update soon :)

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay