+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
does anyone know how long the strike will last? Is it just 1 day? It would be strange if it were just for 1 day only considering the warning on service disruption at the IRCC website.

Reactions: Daren2023

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
If submitted in Canada, then likely to be delayed. Only Visa Offices in other countries will be working as normal per the news.
Oh VOs in other countries are working as normal? Well that is a piece of good news. I assume my application is being processed outside of Canada because I am outside.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Oh VOs in other countries are working as normal? Well that is a piece of good news. I assume my application is being processed outside of Canada because I am outside.
They were talking about final visa stamping not the PR processing. My guess is all PR processing is done in Canada not abroad.

Reactions: radicalprotnns

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi.. sorry for updating a bit late..a bit of correction from my side my agent sent me screenshot and I got to know my AOR was 14 march not 15 march moreover my UCI updated and got BIL on 5th April, medical couldnt be passed since primary applicant is pregnant and x-ray has been deferred .

Reactions: Daren2023

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi.. sorry for updating a bit late..a bit of correction from my side my agent sent me screenshot and I got to know my AOR was 14 march not 15 march moreover my UCI updated and got BIL on 5th April, medical couldnt be passed since primary applicant is pregnant and x-ray has been deferred .
We have exactly the same timeline, AOR March 14/ BIL April 5th.

Reactions: Seekerofita2019

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
So when I applied for PR in the USA in 2013 there was a "Government Shutdown" for a couple of weeks. Now when I applied for Canadian PR there is a big strike o_O . I should stop applying for PR because it overwhelms the countries and they cannot continue to function o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Pdm_ca and sampaul

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Well I hope this strike ends soon ... the pauses in draws due to COVID , the recent uncertainty of draws, and just when Express entry start to feel EXPRESS , this strike happens, kind of demotivating and frustrating but atleast I know this strike wouldn't be as hopeless situation as COVID was. Thing will get back to normal soon INSHAA ALLAH!!

Reactions: Maria0000

tianlu777

Sep 15, 2022
Will things stop completely or just get slower during the strike? There is actually a difference to me psychologically and I hope the latter is true...

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
The news published by IRCC states some services (that includes PR processing of application) will partly or fully effected. Sadly one should prepare for the worst when it comes to IRCC

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Based on the list summarized by @Daren2023, I visualized them here for us to track the progress.

tiny URL.com/ExpressEntry2023
(remove space before "URL" for the link to my dashboard)

Update with the link for everyone to input their own data to ease our work.
tiny URL.com/EE2023Forms
Please save a copy of the link for a future update with the latest status.

Currently updated for anyone with progresses after AOR.

The format that we need to synchronize all data points (the last 3 columns are optional)
Applicant​
Stream​
Type​
AOR​
MP/BIO/UCI​
Eligibility​
Background​
PPR/Approved​
Visa Office​
Family size​
Location​
Daren2023​
14-Mar-23​
05-Apr-23​
19-Apr-23​
KaiAT​
PNP​
Inland​
04-Mar-23​
03-Apr-23​
05-Apr-23​
11-Apr-23​

Last edited:

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Well the EE PR is processed by (Federal govt) permanent employees of IRCC who are stationed in Canada; thus possibility of delay or shutdown till resolved. Only the permanent employees are on strike. The domestic based contractors of IRCC mainly work on visit, study and work visas. They were hired solely to minimize the backlogs and will continue to function. Also, the CBSA that handles security checks is not on strike. This is all that’s coming on articles, news channels here etc. The offshore offices mainly handle biometrics, passport stamping etc. in that country, non-decision making tasks in short.

Lucky ones are Non-EE PR candidates as they are handled by provincial govt who aren’t joining strike (as of now) and continue to get invites + PR.

Also, the strike is indeterminate - lets just hope for the best and sooner. I have heard of too many horror stories about IRCC employees way of functioning that i wouldn’t even want to pen down to scare the crowd. Just pray that break isn’t bigenough for now.

Last edited:

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Well apparently they get paid $375 per week while on strike. I don't think that many people can survive on this little money for an extended period of time. Thus I would be surprised if this goes on for longer than 2 weeks.
Hopefully after they come back from strike they will be refreshed and energized and will process applications at a lightning speed o_O

• Haha
Reactions: longvh

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Based on the list summarized by @Daren2023, I visualized them here for us to track the progress.

tiny URL.com/ExpressEntry2023
(remove space before "URL" for the link to my dashboard)

Currently updated for anyone with progresses after AOR.
Good job @longvh ! We should build a website together where I provide you the data and you do the visualization for every AOR month (Jan, Feb ...). Then we can make money from ads on the site :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: longvh

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Well apparently they get paid $375 per week while on strike. I don't think that many people can survive on this little money for an extended period of time. Thus I would be surprised if this goes on for longer than 2 weeks.
Hopefully after they come back from strike they will be refreshed and energized and will process applications at a lightning speed o_O
Yes, time will tell that who is hurting more & breaks faster - the employees or the govt. or maybe even a midway for both!
Whatever it be, fingers crossed for speedy resolution!