+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Was approval during Covid lockdown? Now there is no expedited processes through PHAC except to get fill out forms if not fully vaccinated and can’t quarantine to support the person. Check the PHAC site.
May be. I am not sure. that may be the reason. But he didn't fill forms for Covid related. He showed me the forms/letter (he had written a covering letter also signed by doc) and it had everything to do with Pregnancy.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
May be. I am not sure. that may be the reason. But he didn't fill forms for Covid related. He showed me the forms/letter (he had written a covering letter also signed by doc) and it had everything to do with Pregnancy.
There would be no forms regarding Covid but during lock down there was expedited processing with PHAC approval. The doctor would have filled out forms. Now that borders are open PHAC letters are unnecessary and don’t expedite the TRV process. Now it is just an exemption from possible quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

So the OP should not cancel the TRV process.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
There would be no forms regarding Covid but during lock down there was expedited processing with PHAC approval. The doctor would have filled out forms. Now that borders are open PHAC letters are unnecessary and don’t expedite the TRV process. Now it is just an exemption from possible quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

That may be the case. Give me few mins, will confirm with him.

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022

Let me talk to my family and see what she says

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012

I just spoke to him. He said he applied 1.5 years back but doesn't remember from where he got the forms, so I think as you suspected, he may have applied for release from quarantine which may have in turn expedited processing.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just spoke to him. He said he applied 1.5 years back but doesn't remember from where he got the forms, so I think as you suspected, he may have applied for release from quarantine which may have in turn expedited processing.
1.5 years ago was the height of the pandemic when borders were closed to all visitors. So yes he would have needed PHAC approval for family to enter.

Reactions: Lsingh2212

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
1.5 years ago was the height of the pandemic when borders were closed to all visitors. So yes he would have needed PHAC approval for family to enter.
Thank you for your inputs across various threads. Its really helpful.

Can you please suggest what could be the scenario on my application below with your expertise?

Applied for Visitor Visa for me and my mother on April 1st, 2022 to Visit my Sister in Canada
We didnot mention that she was pregnant and due by Aug 2022.

On July 11th, I got PPR
But my mom did not get any update. It is in Review Eligibility yet to start.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your inputs across various threads. Its really helpful.

Can you please suggest what could be the scenario on my application below with your expertise?

Applied for Visitor Visa for me and my mother on April 1st, 2022 to Visit my Sister in Canada
We didnot mention that she was pregnant and due by Aug 2022.

On July 11th, I got PPR
But my mom did not get any update. It is in Review Eligibility yet to start.
Nothing you can do but wait. Applications are processed at different times.

Reactions: Winner_

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello everybody. What happens if the reason to visit doesn't make sense anymore. Should we continue to wait and do nothing? We applied for my mother in law and reason to visit was that my wife was having her operation in the beginning of May, so she needed help from her mother. Beginning of May passed long time ago and we applied on March 4th, biometrics were completed on March 10th. Mother in law is on pension now and she has a nice travel history, came to Canada twice, in 2016 and 2019.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everybody. What happens if the reason to visit doesn't make sense anymore. Should we continue to wait and do nothing? We applied for my mother in law and reason to visit was that my wife was having her operation in the beginning of May, so she needed help from her mother. Beginning of May passed long time ago and we applied on March 4th, biometrics were completed on March 10th. Mother in law is on pension now and she has a nice travel history, came to Canada twice, in 2016 and 2019.
The application will still be processed even though the time has passed.