+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
This is so amazing. But for me, I applied from SG where the eta is approx 100 days. I am 130 days past now and still no luck.
I think it depend on how much application they received per country. Its best for you not to think about it and dont check your account daily. They will update your account once there is something new.

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
I feel like I have the worst luck! Applied on 9th March - eligibility review started last week - no decision yet!
My wife is due for delivery with our first baby in first week of September we do not have any family in canada so applied for visit visa for my parents to care for her but no update till now. I saw people applied on 19 April getting approved but my file is stuck at review not started. At least your eligibility review has stared you should feel lucky.

Reactions: 2cookies

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
My wife is due for delivery with our first baby in first week of September we do not have any family in canada so applied for visit visa for my parents to care for her but no update till now. I saw people applied on 19 April getting approved but my file is stuck at review not started. At least your eligibility review has stared you should feel lucky.
Its going to be tough for you guys unless your parents make it. :( My sister is struggling in same scenario like yours with a new born. My mom's visa is stuck under review eligibility for a month now

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Its going to be tough for you guys unless your parents make it. :( My sister is struggling in same scenario like yours with a new born. My mom's visa is stuck under review eligibility for a month now
Congrats to you and your sister. I hope your sister is doing ok my god give strength. I hope your mom visa is approved soon. I don't understand why IRCC cannot process this type of time sensitive cases ahead of Tourist Visa. I wish i can school IRCC some day

Reactions: Winner_

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Congrats to you and your sister. I hope your sister is doing ok my god give strength. I hope your mom visa is approved soon. I don't understand why IRCC cannot process this type of time sensitive cases ahead of Tourist Visa. I wish i can school IRCC some day
Thank you . Yes such a random processing :|

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I haven't done it, but I learnt about this from my friend after I had applied for my mom.

You can get a letter from Doc saying your wife needs some help (many docs don't sign if its not required). Once you get that letter, you can apply under caregiver option. He applied last year and got a single entry TRV with 3 months expiry(but can stay 6 months after landing).

If its really urgent, you can try this way by withdrawing your application update via webform, but if you didn't mention regarding pregnancy in your Visitor application, then would advice against it as it may work against you of hiding the exact intention of your parents travel.

Reactions: Lsingh2212

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I haven't done it, but I learnt about this from my friend after I had applied for my mom.

You can get a letter from Doc saying your wife needs some help (many docs don't sign if its not required). Once you get that letter, you can apply under caregiver option. He applied last year and got a single entry TRV with 3 months expiry(but can stay 6 months after landing).

If its really urgent, you can try this way by withdrawing your application update via webform, but if you didn't mention regarding pregnancy in your Visitor application, then would advice against it as it may work against you of hiding the exact intention of your parents travel.
Would not suggest this. This was done during Covid when borders were closed when you could get PHAC approval. Now, a letter from a doctor will not expedite a visitor visa. There is no caregiver option.

Reactions: Winner_

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022

Thank you for this important information. I will look into this option.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Would not suggest this. This was done during Covid when borders were closed when you could get PHAC approval. Now, a letter from a doctor will not expedite a visitor visa. There is no caregiver option.
I am sorry to say, but you are wrong here. My friend got super visa using this option, applied in April 2022 and got in June 2022. And to be exact, the option is

To Provide care to a loved one who needs medical support

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Would not suggest this. See my comment above. Your doctor needs to fill out forms (not just a letter) to state she is hospitalized and needs 24/7 care, end of life care etc.
Yes doctor needs to fill forms, but that's a different option for end of life care. And another friend got TRV for 3 months after he submitted all the forms from docs (3 days for PPR to be precise) but I am not sure which option he used because he used the old portal.
To Provide care to a loved one who needs medical support option on the new portal for sure.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes doctor needs to fill forms, but that's a different option for end of life care. And another friend got TRV for 3 months after he submitted all the forms from docs (3 days for PPR to be precise) but I am not sure which option he used because he used the old portal.
To Provide care to a loved one who needs medical support option on the new portal for sure.
Was approval during Covid lockdown? Now there is no expedited processes through PHAC except to get fill out forms if not fully vaccinated and can’t quarantine to support the person. Check the PHAC site.