+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
I submitted an application on March 31 and eligibility started May 10. I raised many webforms; however, the last one I sent yesterday, I got an immediate response (same day) saying "Kindly note that your application is currently with the officer for review. You will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached or if additional documents are required"... is this the final step? Should I be expecting a decision anytime soon?
This is a default message. Nothing promising here. Have u passed your processing time?

Mary333

Jan 10, 2022
This is a default message. Nothing promising here. Have u passed your processing time?
The previous messages that I received when submitting webforms are "your application is being processed" and things along those lines... those sounded like an automatic message, but I thought the one I got yesterday is different. I did pass processing times, that's why I submitted a webform and got a response on the same day! I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Reactions: 2cookies

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
The previous messages that I received when submitting webforms are "your application is being processed" and things along those lines... those sounded like an automatic message, but I thought the one I got yesterday is different. I did pass processing times, that's why I submitted a webform and got a response on the same day! I guess I'll have to wait and see!
Which country is applied from?

Zain2011

Jun 7, 2022
I submitted an application on March 31 and eligibility started May 10. I raised many webforms; however, the last one I sent yesterday, I got an immediate response (same day) saying "Kindly note that your application is currently with the officer for review. You will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached or if additional documents are required"... is this the final step? Should I be expecting a decision anytime soon?
All the best, looks like you are almost there.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Applied on March 4th for my mother in law from Russia. She was born in Armenia, but lives in Russia. She had a visa before and came to Canada twice already. She also has a good tavel history. Biometrics completed on March 10th. No updates so far. I will wait until the end of the summer and then my mother in law will go to Armenia to live and I will apply for super visa, since with super visa you can stay for 5 years, not 2 like before.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied on March 4th for my mother in law from Russia. She was born in Armenia, but lives in Russia. She had a visa before and came to Canada twice already. She also has a good tavel history. Biometrics completed on March 10th. No updates so far. I will wait until the end of the summer and then my mother in law will go to Armenia to live and I will apply for super visa, since with super visa you can stay for 5 years, not 2 like before.
Wait...they should approve it since she already travelled to Canada. Re apply may delay further

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Wait...they should approve it since she already travelled to Canada. Re apply may delay further
I don't see the reasons for refusal either, however what we wrote in invitation letter as purpose of travel doesn't make any sense anymore. It has been 4 months already, however the processing time was 40 days at the time when biometrics were done. Some people in this thread reapplied and got the response almost right away. I believe when you reapply, the old application gets cancelled automatically.

Reactions: srmn

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
I don't see the reasons for refusal either, however what we wrote in invitation letter as purpose of travel doesn't make any sense anymore. It has been 4 months already, however the processing time was 40 days at the time when biometrics were done. Some people in this thread reapplied and got the response almost right away. I believe when you reapply, the old application gets cancelled automatically.
Yes....I saw other comment that when u reapply the previous app will cancel. Its a personel decision.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Applied for my parents visit visa on March 8. Biometrics completed on March 13. Haven't gotten a single update since then. Radio silence. it's been 134 days since they received the application. It's getting depressing now.

nileshrayani

Star Member
Aug 1, 2021
Unusual reply from the IRCC after raising a webform a month ago.I requested them to speed up the process for my spouse and my daughter. The reply was like this.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We have verified the information you provided and want to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay in answering your enquiry.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s). Rest assured the document(s) will be added on file shortly.

Furthermore, we would like to confirm that the information found in your online account is the most up-to-date, so no additional information can be provided by the Client Support Centre agents.

For this reason we invite you to continue to check your application status online. If you have outstanding questions, you may visit thecontact us page and select the appropriate option for your enquiry:

Application received date- 6th march
Biometrics done on 11th march
Biometrics Updated on 11th March

Travelled to canada in the past and applied Canada visa for the second time and have active US visa for both.

• Wow
Reactions: 2cookies and manisp

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
It really is depressing...it seems Visa is taking around 6 months from what I've noticed from past applicants...we should expect an answer by September hopefully....