+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
I applied on march 4th for my mother in law. Biometrics were completed on march 10th. No movement on the application. Purpose of visit was my wife's (her daugher) operation which was in may and travel dates with itinerary were in beginning of may. The dates on the invitation letter and on the application are not relevant anymore. It's been 3 months and we are not sure if we need to reapply or keep waiting? Mother in law lives in Russia which is under war with Ukraine, maybe this is the main reason the application doesn't move?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I applied on march 4th for my mother in law. Biometrics were completed on march 10th. No movement on the application. Purpose of visit was my wife's (her daugher) operation which was in may and travel dates with itinerary were in beginning of may. The dates on the invitation letter and on the application are not relevant anymore. It's been 3 months and we are not sure if we need to reapply or keep waiting? Mother in law lives in Russia which is under war with Ukraine, maybe this is the main reason the application doesn't move?
TRV processing is taking way longer than expected these days and it is pretty random. Some people get approved in a week while some take 6 months. Try raising a web form and all one can do is wait.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRV processing is taking way longer than expected these days and it is pretty random. Some people get approved in a week while some take 6 months. Try raising a web form and all one can do is wait.
Send 3 webforms in last 1 month. Got response for none.

• Sad
Reactions: BA101

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw few of you are asking about status. Mine shows like attached. Whats the status? Backgroud check? If that's the status, whats next step?

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 31, 2022 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
I want to share with you my timeline
VRT for research internship, applied in France

1st application on IRCC portal
Application Submission: March 1
Confirmation of Application submission: March 1
Biometrics Collection Letter: March 3
Biometrics appointment: March 4
No update during 70 days (normal processing time in France is 35 days)
Biometrics validity letter: May 13
withdraw : may 14

I re-apply on Gckey
Application Submission: may 9
Confirmation of Application submission: may 9
Eligibility start review : may 10
Biometrics validity letter: may 13
Original Passport Request (Visa approval): May 14 (in the letter it was dated may 13)

I've raised a lot of webform, no response until the last webform on may 12 where I request an emergency treatment of my application because my internship start on may 23 and my flight is on may 20. They answer may 13 that my request is send to the agent responsible for my application. 1 hour after, I got the BVL

Good luck everyone
congratulations !!!! i am very tempted to do this as been 96 days (new ircc portal) since biometrics and still no response or webform reply, my only problem its now 145 days processing time for my country so if i withdraw, dont want to go to the bottom of queue for Gckey

can i ask if you had to pay application fees again when you changed portals?

Last edited:

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
When you send the webform, it says in the end something like we will contact you within 28-30 working days.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
congratulations !!!! i am very tempted to do this as been 96 days (new ircc portal) since biometrics and still no response or webform reply, my only problem its now 145 days processing time for my country so if i withdraw, dont want to go to the bottom of queue for Gckey

can i ask if you had to pay application fees again when you changed portals?
yes, I paid application fees again. there's no refund.
And for me the processing normal time was 45 days.
So for your case if the processing time didn't exceed, you should wait.