+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

gh99

Jul 16, 2022
Hi all, Sharing timeline for my spouse (Inland - Online application)
First application Submitted -Online
March 11 2022 - No update till September 2022. Called IRCC - they told to resubmit.

Second application -Submitted - Online - 7th October 2022
Application received (AOR)- 11th October 2022
Medical request - 20th October 2022
Biometrics request - 8th November 2022
IRCC asked for more proof of relationship - Dec 22 ,2022
Proof sent - 19th Jan 2023
Eligibility and background - passed - Jan 30, 2023
Pre arrival letter -Jan 31,2023
various ghost updates in between
PR email - 6th April
Portal email- 8th April
Hi, Congrats!! I recently was asked for more proof of relationship for our outland application which is in London's VO. If you dont mind me asking, what was the reason they gave you for more proof? I feel like our reason was unfair given the amount of proof we provided when we first submitted our application

pritpalkaur95

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hi, Congrats!! I recently was asked for more proof of relationship for our outland application which is in London's VO. If you dont mind me asking, what was the reason they gave you for more proof? I feel like our reason was unfair given the amount of proof we provided when we first submitted our application
Hello,
They did not give any reason. They simply asked for more proof. I think this was because we resubmitted our application in October 2022. Our first application was submitted in March 2022 but we did not received any update till september.So they just wanted more proof that when we submitted the application again in October we were living together.
I hope this answers your question.
If you dont mind you can share the reason they asked for more proof. May be I can help. Bcs our case was bit complex.

pritpalkaur95

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hi all, Sharing timeline for my spouse (Inland - Online application)
First application Submitted -Online
March 11 2022 - No update till September 2022. Called IRCC - they told to resubmit.

Second application -Submitted - Online - 7th October 2022
Application received (AOR)- 11th October 2022
Medical request - 20th October 2022
Biometrics request - 8th November 2022
IRCC asked for more proof of relationship - Dec 22 ,2022
Proof sent - 19th Jan 2023
Eligibility and background - passed - Jan 30, 2023
Pre arrival letter -Jan 31,2023
various ghost updates in between
PR email - 6th April
Portal email- 8th April
COPR received - 14th April

gh99

Jul 16, 2022
Hello,
They did not give any reason. They simply asked for more proof. I think this was because we resubmitted our application in October 2022. Our first application was submitted in March 2022 but we did not received any update till september.So they just wanted more proof that when we submitted the application again in October we were living together.
I hope this answers your question.
If you dont mind you can share the reason they asked for more proof. May be I can help. Bcs our case was bit complex.
They didnt really give us a reason as well, I think it is because we dont live together even though we explained the reason why? I have work obligations in Canada and my husband obviously cant come here unless he gets a visitor visa. Our application was submitted March 2022 but didn't go into process until October 2022. We obviously kept it long-distance since we wanted to see each other in person again when he is able to live here instead of going back and forth. This whole application process is way too long and annoying to be honest :rolleyes:

pritpalkaur95

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
They didnt really give us a reason as well, I think it is because we dont live together even though we explained the reason why? I have work obligations in Canada and my husband obviously cant come here unless he gets a visitor visa. Our application was submitted March 2022 but didn't go into process until October 2022. We obviously kept it long-distance since we wanted to see each other in person again when he is able to live here instead of going back and forth. This whole application process is way too long and annoying to be honest :rolleyes:
I can understand what you are feeling and going through. I hope you get the results soon. Give them the proofs that you have. Its just about keeping patience now!

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Hi there! May applicant here, sponsored my husband- UAE resident (london visa office), we were also asked additional docs for more proofs of communication/travel/ money tfr starting from date application received. we’ve been waiting for 2 months since we submitted additional docs, still stuck on eligibility. What is your latest update if I may ask?

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Hi there! May applicant here, sponsored my husband- UAE resident (london visa office), we were also asked additional docs for more proofs of communication/travel/ money tfr starting from date application received. we’ve been waiting for 2 months since we submitted additional docs, still stuck on eligibility. What is your latest update if I may ask?
Same situation here. They requested Additional documents early December to which we responded few days after. Been waiting since then. On April 19 Background check changed to In process, but I think that's just an automated system update. Stuck on eglibility as well. I advise you to request your gcms notes, you might be able to understand what's delaying your application and even send additional documents to the visa office email address directly without waiting for them to request further info or even an interview.

Reactions: jm101

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Same situation here. They requested Additional documents early December to which we responded few days after. Been waiting since then. On April 19 Background check changed to In process, but I think that's just an automated system update. Stuck on eglibility as well. I advise you to request your gcms notes, you might be able to understand what's delaying your application and even send additional documents to the visa office email address directly without waiting for them to request further info or even an interview.
Thanks! We got that system-wide update in the tracker background check, last April 19th too. Will ask our consultant for the gcms notes, hoping the strike ends soon.

gh99

Jul 16, 2022
Thanks! We got that system-wide update in the tracker background check, last April 19th too. Will ask our consultant for the gcms notes, hoping the strike ends soon.
We also got the update background in progress April 19th, nothing since then :( I believe the strike has ended correct?

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Hey, just checking if there are any March 2022 Outland applicants still waiting like me. Eligibility and Background in progress. The fact that there is no much movement on this thread could mean that we're only few here waiting.

Reactions: sd6

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Still waiting for eligibility and background check. Been 16 months now and as per CIC's website update last week, applicants who will reside in Quebec will have to wait for 24 months.

Kanwal1995

Jun 3, 2023
Hey everyone!
Can you share your timeline for receiving the AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) for spousal sponsorship in Canada for outland Applicant? I applied on May 23 and would love to hear about your experiences. Your insights will be valuable! #SpousalSponsorship #AORTimeline #Canada