+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

gh99

Jul 16, 2022
Hi all! I submitted my application by mail on march 17th 2022. Many people I know submitted around December/January and received the biometric and medical email after 60-90 days. Its been 4 months for me and absolutely nothinggg. I called and have my temporary file number and all. Is it because of the the month I submitted it? Do the IRCC officers have moments where they just do not work on applications, anyone know? I hate this waiting game :(

Mbashar

Jun 20, 2022
Hi all! I submitted my application by mail on march 17th 2022. Many people I know submitted around December/January and received the biometric and medical email after 60-90 days. Its been 4 months for me and absolutely nothinggg. I called and have my temporary file number and all. Is it because of the the month I submitted it? Do the IRCC officers have moments where they just do not work on applications, anyone know? I hate this waiting game :(
Same here ! I have only the temporary application # by which I can not even link my application online. My guess, most March, 2022 applicants have same situation. Seems case processing officers went on a vacation for indefinite period...!!

Ramptp

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Applied March 30. Wife from United States. Applied Online Outland . Just got letter today saying

"Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
USE OF REPRESENTATIVE (IMM 5476)
Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form."

I have copy of application that submitted and this form was fully filled out and signed. I used the latest form downloaded the day I submitted the application.

The guide even does say if your the spouse and want updates, etc. you need to fill this form out. The letter reads like a spouse can't be a representative.

Very confused.
Thanks.
Hi. What is your latest update on that

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
There seems to be something odd going on with paper applications submitted in the middle of March (e.g. March 10 - 17). Unfortunately we can only speculate. Either the case officer is way behind on their files or is on some sort of indefinite leave. I'm only hoping it's nothing more sinister like all the applications from those days being lost in some corner of their office, accidentally disposed of, etc.

Mbashar

Jun 20, 2022
My outland spouse sponsorship
File submitted-10 March 2022
AOR received-19 May 2022
Biometrics -7june 2022 from visitor visa
Medical request-13 june 2022
Sponsor eligibility approved-13 june 2022
Application transfer to delhi -13 june 2022
Medical passed-28 june 2022
Eligibility and background not started according to PR tracker
Waiting for pre arrival service …..when will I expect my pre arrival
WOW ! Congratulations ! I applied at the same time, haven't received anything as yet.
Is your application paper based outland or online ?

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
My outland spouse sponsorship
File submitted-10 March 2022
AOR received-19 May 2022
Biometrics -7june 2022 from visitor visa
Medical request-13 june 2022
Sponsor eligibility approved-13 june 2022
Application transfer to delhi -13 june 2022
Medical passed-28 june 2022
Eligibility and background not started according to PR tracker
Waiting for pre arrival service …..when will I expect my pre arrival
Same timeline as mine. Did you check ur status on gckey ?

bpav

Jul 13, 2022
There seems to be something odd going on with paper applications submitted in the middle of March (e.g. March 10 - 17). Unfortunately we can only speculate. Either the case officer is way behind on their files or is on some sort of indefinite leave. I'm only hoping it's nothing more sinister like all the applications from those days being lost in some corner of their office, accidentally disposed of, etc.
I agree. I submitted my application on March 22 and while it was progressing quickly at first, I have been waiting since May 10th for any update.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiikii

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Is there any other way to get application number, my husband is a born canadian citizen so has no UCI. And i am still waiting for an AOR and we have submitted two webforms no reply other than general email. We will complete 90 days since submission on 25th of this month. :(

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
No , I didn’t open gc key .. i opened my tracker only which is regularly updating from last 3 days but nothing means ghost updates
Mine shows eligibility and background in progress on gckey . But when i check pr tracker it shows not started . Dont know which one is correct.

Mbashar

Jun 20, 2022
Is there any other way to get application number, my husband is a born canadian citizen so has no UCI. And i am still waiting for an AOR and we have submitted two webforms no reply other than general email. We will complete 90 days since submission on 25th of this month. :(
I passed 4 months without any AOR or any communication. You can ask for temporary application # only by calling them if it is entered in IRCC database.

• Sad

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
hey guys, my wife's file got moved to Beirut, Lebanon. Anyone had experience with that office and how fast is their processing compared to other offices.

Honeyrana48

Feb 16, 2022
Hi guys, here is my journey for inland application.

Application sent :- 4th march

Application received:- 7th march

AOR :- 14th April

Medical request:- 14 April

Medical done :- 20th April

Medical passed :- 3 may

Biometric request :- 4th may

Biometric done :- 4th may

ADR :- 10th May

ADR submitted:- 1st June

Pre arrival letter :- 18th July

I logged into my tracker account and found out i got my COPR today. Nothing on my GIC account yet. I will be happy to answer every possible questions.

• Love

omarabm

Sep 24, 2018
hey guys, my wife's file got moved to Beirut, Lebanon. Anyone had experience with that office and how fast is their processing compared to other offices.
Hey man, did they update your eligibility? Also if you don't mind is Beirut where your spouse is?