+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Congratulations on getting AOR fairly quickly......I have a question if this forum can answer....I have a PR and I am starting the process of spousal sponsorship now. We had applied under EE earlier but my wife was expecting so she was marked non-accompanying in COPR sent in Dec'19 to me by IRCC.

1) For family class sponsorship, can I expect it to be a faster processing now as IRCC already knows about my spouse from previous application? (She has a UCI which we will mention in the Letter of Explanation)
2) Our consultant mentioned that in this scenario, you do not have to prove your relationship as it is genuine and I also have a dependent child? Does this make our case stronger and may lead to faster processing?

I know IRCC processes applications randomly and in no order but still hopeful to bring my family to Toronto as soon as possible. Any pointers will be helpful
Outland takes more time.
Inland is faster

feuerstein

Feb 25, 2020
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for an inland application get a biometrics request letter? We submitted on 25 March, received both AORs on the 28th of April as well as a request for medicals. Medical exam was passed on the 6th. We received a "fee reminder letter" on the 2nd, but had paid everything in full according to the fee scale that was in effect at the time the application was submitted (total $1,135.00 CAD)

Last edited:

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for an inland application get a biometrics request letter? We submitted on 25 March, received both AORs on the 28th of April as well as a request for medicals. Medical exam was passed on the 6th. We received a "fee reminder letter" on the 2nd, but had paid everything in full according to the fee scale that was in effect at the time the application was submitted (total $1,135.00 CAD)
in our case my spouse had already biometrics. And our fee was $1050. My spouse did medical exam May 6th.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone. Where is the link to do spousal sponsorship online? I do not see on the cic.gc.ca anywhere.
Please someone post the link.

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

February 2021 applicant.

I received AOR/Application number on May 10th, so I checked the status online and it’s say “in process” (application was received on Feb 21)

Received another email on May 13th,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ———— and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $215.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

Contact Information

For information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.”

I’m really confused can anyone please help
Thanks

Reactions: tgolgyman

dineshs

Jun 22, 2018
Applied outland sponsorship in the month of March, still waiting for AOR. Any outland March applicant received their AOR?

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
Have you received biometrics request letter? I submitted my application on March 22nd, got AOR and medical request on May 3rd, and biometrics fee reminder on May 5th, my medical exam was passed yesterday, but I haven’t yet received the biometrics request letter.