+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

jasdeepkaur55

Jan 26, 2020
Is anyone still waiting on passport request? My file submitted on my 11 March 2020, decision made 25 January, complete silence since then.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is anyone still waiting on passport request? My file submitted on my 11 March 2020, decision made 25 January, complete silence since then.
I know you contacted your MP before, but that was some months ago, and before the flight ban on India was lifted.

You really need to contact your MP, order GCMS, and try NDVO or whichever office is dealing with it. And whoever else it is that you can think of to contact and push them a bit. They should have identified your file as one that was on hold and brought it up for the passport request (f everything was normal and ready as your MP said).

Note, you may have an issue with medical clearance expiring, but hopefully they have extended it - otherwise will need new medical.

Reactions: jasdeepkaur55

jasdeepkaur55

Jan 26, 2020
I know you contacted your MP before, but that was some months ago, and before the flight ban on India was lifted.

You really need to contact your MP, order GCMS, and try NDVO or whichever office is dealing with it. And whoever else it is that you can think of to contact and push them a bit. They should have identified your file as one that was on hold and brought it up for the passport request (f everything was normal and ready as your MP said).

Note, you may have an issue with medical clearance expiring, but hopefully they have extended it - otherwise will need new medical.
My husband is in Sweden. VAC is still open. I have contacted MP again, no answer yet. Talked to immigration agent yesterday, no help. Submitted web form too.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband is in Sweden. VAC is still open. I have contacted MP again, no answer yet. Talked to immigration agent yesterday, no help. Submitted web form too.
I am guessing some wires crossed somewhere, with (if husband is Indian national) one or more offices thinking the other will deal with it or waiting for answer from another. That is only a guess though.

Reactions: jasdeepkaur55

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Status changed to Decision made today which got me excited!
but going through other people messages and timelines, "Decision made" doesn't seem to mean much....
:(

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello Guys,

I submitted the spousal sponsorship application for my spouse on April 2020. And below is my timeline. Currently it shows Decision made in ECAS but there is no update since then. I called CIC and they mentioned that my file is New Delhi, India and cannot provide any update. Anybody in similar situation.

What does Decision made mean? Good news?

Application received in Sydney, NS: Apr 09, 2020
Biometrics instruction letter: July 09, 2021
AOR1: July 15, 2021
Biometrics done: July 20, 2021
Medical request: July 12, 2021
Passed Medical: July 27, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: Dec 22, 2021
Decision made in ECAS: Jan 11, 2022