+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well yes of course I'll wait...

In the meantime here's some anecdotal stuff for you:

Calling IRCC: if you can get through they cant provide timelines (they are not agents)
Webform: Generic, we are working on applications from whatever date, we cant provide timelines
Twitter: Cant provide timelines
Local MP: can tell you what your file says but has no control over making them do anything
GCMS notes: wait a month and get an update, but I'm yet to see someone who got this then use that info to complete their application

From your previous posts it looks like you applied in april 2020 - personally i would wait the 12 months they used to say it took and add the 6 months that they shut down for - that's more realistic

And remember, just because someone else gets completed, it doesnt mean everyone else should, files are not always the same

Reactions: Usr1997

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Well yes of course I'll wait...

In the meantime here's some anecdotal stuff for you:

Calling IRCC: if you can get through they cant provide timelines (they are not agents)
Webform: Generic, we are working on applications from whatever date, we cant provide timelines
Twitter: Cant provide timelines
Local MP: can tell you what your file says but has no control over making them do anything
GCMS notes: wait a month and get an update, but I'm yet to see someone who got this then use that info to complete their application

From your previous posts it looks like you applied in april 2020 - personally i would wait the 12 months they used to say it took and add the 6 months that they shut down for - that's more realistic

And remember, just because someone else gets completed, it doesnt mean everyone else should, files are not always the same
Then keep waiting.
Doesn't matter its more than a year

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
April 28th 2020 applicant, DM April 8th in ECAS, received PPR today from CPC-Ottawa.
Congratulations!
How was the PPR sent to you? Was it posted on GCkey (with email saying 'we have sent you a message)? Or was it an email directly to the PA?
Thanks!

Reactions: kiranf

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
One other thing question
My wife has come to india about month ago
Now we will be travelling together after my visa.The address she was living in canada is winnipeg, even in my file is also same address.but now when we travel together can we to alberta state in canada?
Is it necessary for me to go first in winnipeg?
Help me with this question
You do not have to go to Winnipeg first, at the airport when you land they will ask for the address where you are going to live and where your PR card should be sent. It's not a problem.

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
You do not have to go to Winnipeg first, at the airport when you land they will ask for the address where you are going to live and where your PR card should be sent. It's not a problem.
would like to clarify on this too...so if the address when first applied is different from where the current address is - this is okay? So when first landing at the airport i can request to send the PR card to current address?