+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

NoraS

Apr 6, 2021
IRCC won’t link it to your account. They will send you a letter confirming they received it with an application number. You can then use the application number to link it to your account yourself. Time estimates are pretty useless at this point.
Oh man, all that time wasted trying to see if it was linked. Its been 3 months so I am guessing there is no real time estimate.

Yash@2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Oh man, all that time wasted trying to see if it was linked. Its been 3 months so I am guessing there is no real time estimate.
The response from IRCC with application number can take months, In my case I submitted my application end of March 2020 and got my application number in Nov 2020. We spent months waiting for it not knowing what happened to the application. The only thing you can do now is that, keep the Postal tracking id and application fee receipt number to follow up with IRCC.

Reactions: NoraS

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
2021, we have not yet received any email and the account is not linked to the application. Not sure if this is normal
You are waiting for what is called AOR (acknowledgement of Receipt), when you get that it will have your application and UCI numbers, with that you can link your app. Wait time are all over the place, some people are getting it within a month but there are still people waiting since last summer. Have patience, your turn will come.

Reactions: NoraS

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
March 19th Outland from the US here, but living in Canada for the last 15 months. Got Decision Made today finally. Updated my address back in December via webform to Canadian address, so not sure what happens now for me with regards to PPR and such. But a huge relief getting DM at least finally.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
March 19th Outland from the US here, but living in Canada for the last 15 months. Got Decision Made today finally. Updated my address back in December via webform to Canadian address, so not sure what happens now for me with regards to PPR and such. But a huge relief getting DM at least finally.
We are March 19th as well from US to Canada, hoping that your DM means that ours is coming soon!

Reactions: MuricaToCanada