+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Though times :( . All other visa offices are operating much faster than otvo in terms of ppr. I heard otvo is fastest of all, I think it was wrong.

Reactions: Pink567

My1980

Mar 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
Our application received on March 25, AOR 15 December, BIL MR SA DM 22 January. Biometric and Medical done January 24 and received by IRCC on January 28 (gckey). In my SA letter it says our application will be transferred to Ankara VO but on ECAS it still shows ‘in process’ on PA side. I called ircc and the agent said our application is still in sydney VO and it is still in process and it will be transferred to Ankara when it is ready. My MP office also confirmed that our application is in Sydney and still in process! and something about all spousal application is being processed in Canada. I don’t think it’s true, at least its not Sydney VO’s job to process PA side. Its been almost 2 months and i’m getting really nervous about the fact that if it takes 2 months or more to transfer the application, how many more months or perhaps years it would take to finalize the application? Is anybody else in the same situation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
and something about all spousal application is being processed in Canada. I don’t think it’s true, at least its not Sydney VO’s job to process PA side.
They can be processed in Canada, don't think it's true that 'all' are being processed in Canada.

BUT: they are clearly making changes all over the place and with announced new hires in Sydney, it's possible Sydney will take on more of the process. It's possible it could go to Shanghai VO or some other place - they clearly are attempting to deal with backlog, along with other chnages like more use of electronic files.

So - while it may not be very comforting, I'd still take heart from fact that you are better off if they take a bit more time up front and not send to a VO that has a huge backlog, covid staff restrictions, and serious delays.

How much time will it take? No-one can say. You should note that same issues as before exist - certain countries including some of those traditionally done by Ankara (specifically Iran) and any country in conflict can take longer.

Kaurgagandeep

Feb 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
Our application received on March 25, AOR 15 December, BIL MR SA DM 22 January. Biometric and Medical done January 24 and received by IRCC on January 28 (gckey). In my SA letter it says our application will be transferred to Ankara VO but on ECAS it still shows ‘in process’ on PA side. I called ircc and the agent said our application is still in sydney VO and it is still in process and it will be transferred to Ankara when it is ready. My MP office also confirmed that our application is in Sydney and still in process! and something about all spousal application is being processed in Canada. I don’t think it’s true, at least its not Sydney VO’s job to process PA side. Its been almost 2 months and i’m getting really nervous about the fact that if it takes 2 months or more to transfer the application, how many more months or perhaps years it would take to finalize the application? Is anybody else in the same situation?
Application received 19th March 2020,Aor 1 in October and SA and DM Received in January2021. Medical and biometric done on 12th feb and they received My medical result it’s shows on ecas. In my SA letter it says our application will be transferred to New Delhi but on ECAS it still shows ‘in process’ on PA side. After that we haven’t received anything from Sydney VO regarding file transfer.Seems like we are in same boat

Ransan

Sep 28, 2020
Application received 19th March 2020,Aor 1 in October and SA and DM Received in January2021. Medical and biometric done on 12th feb and they received My medical result it’s shows on ecas. In my SA letter it says our application will be transferred to New Delhi but on ECAS it still shows ‘in process’ on PA side. After that we haven’t received anything from Sydney VO regarding file transfer.Seems like we are in same boat
Same with me as well. App received 18 March 2020, SA nd Med -dec 12 ,biometric done on 28th jan. ECAS updated to 'app received' on 23rd feb nd then it changed to "in process " on 2nd March. No updates aftr that. Waiting for the DM nd PPR.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Please can anybody help with this information,? I applied for PR in December 2019 as a Protected person. The process is ongoing and will receive my PR in November 2021. I just got married last month outside Ghana. Can she get a visa to visit me in Canada even as I add her to my processing or before adding her? Please anybody in my shoes can help to answer or anybody who have the info. Thanks