+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is this for real??

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

showing working on May 12 - May 18, 2019 applications

Seriously......... beyond ridiculous.
I am now repeating this a couple of times a day, it seems. It is "real" but it doesn't mean what you think.

The language seems to be or repeat the IRCC favourite formulation of how quickly "most" applications (meaning 80%) are completed. And the tracker spreadsheets here seem to confirm that.

BUT: it does not mean that they are not working on files received after that, it doesn't mean many files (most likely) won't be faster than that, and it is almost certainly a lagging indicator (meaning that looking back at applications received in May 2019 doesn't tell you how quickly a file from March 2020 or March 2021 will be processed). As they get through the backlog, this figure will catch up too.

If you look at the tracker for all of 2019, even November-December have more than 50% of files completed, and well more than 50% for the entire year. 2020 is worse so I'm not saying they are back to 80% of files done in less than 12 months - but it doesn't mean that no files for 2020 will be done in less than 12 months, either.

As a side note, I'm VERY skeptical that they will be or are updating this "check status" page as often as the page seems to imply.

Editadd: figures right now are that a bit less than 25% of apps from March 2020 have received PPR.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1900589295

So clearly they ARE working on files submitted after May 2019, even if nowhere near their previous '80% of files in 12 months' rule of thumb.

cvmarch2020

Oct 5, 2020
I am now repeating this a couple of times a day, it seems. It is "real" but it doesn't mean what you think.

The language seems to be or repeat the IRCC favourite formulation of how quickly "most" applications (meaning 80%) are completed. And the tracker spreadsheets here seem to confirm that.

BUT: it does not mean that they are not working on files received after that, it doesn't mean many files (most likely) won't be faster than that, and it is almost certainly a lagging indicator (meaning that looking back at applications received in May 2019 doesn't tell you how quickly a file from March 2020 or March 2021 will be processed). As they get through the backlog, this figure will catch up too.

If you look at the tracker for all of 2019, even November-December have more than 50% of files completed, and well more than 50% for the entire year. 2020 is worse so I'm not saying they are back to 80% of files done in less than 12 months - but it doesn't mean that no files for 2020 will be done in less than 12 months, either.

As a side note, I'm VERY skeptical that they will be or are updating this "check status" page as often as the page seems to imply.

Editadd: figures right now are that a bit less than 25% of apps from March 2020 have received PPR.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1900589295

So clearly they ARE working on files submitted after May 2019, even if nowhere near their previous '80% of files in 12 months' rule of thumb.
I understand all this.
It has been more than 12 months since my application submission but IRCC having this on the official website gives stress.
I and my husband are going through mental breakdown due to all this.

Reactions: kiranf and DiiDii

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
I understand all this.
It has been more than 12 months since my application submission but IRCC having this on the official website gives stress.
You are not alone. Really undergoing depression

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understand all this.
Then don't look at the things that give you stress.

And get help, mental health help.

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Everyone
I see "Application/profile updated" on my gckey account. But when I click on "check full application status" link to see full detail, I get "bad gateway" error.
Anyone here is having same issue?

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Everyone
I see "Application/profile updated" on my gckey account. But when I click on "check full application status" link to see full detail, I get "bad gateway" error.
Anyone here is having same issue?
Might your u get Pre-arrival tomorrow. I'm not even able to login since morning today

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
After several attempts, I was able to see the details and there is no update in it.
I got my pre-arrival in December 2020