+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Does anyone know of the travel restrictions which are coming soon for Canada? They can't ban all incoming flights to Canada right? I hope not atleast.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know of the travel restrictions which are coming soon for Canada? They can't ban all incoming flights to Canada right? I hope not atleast.
No-one knows but unlikely. The talk seems to mostly be around need for more strict isolation/quarantine procedures on arrival, possibly not at one's own premises or choice (eg hotels). Presumably more testing as well.

But these are all only rumours at this point.

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Everytime I get an update its like pure energy. Could barely sleep last night. Closing in slowly. Feels like game seven of the cup.finals now!
No-one knows but unlikely. The talk seems to mostly be around need for more strict isolation/quarantine procedures on arrival, possibly not at one's own premises or choice (eg hotels). Presumably more testing as well.

But these are all only rumours at this point.
they can't make you stay at a hotel, the costs for 2 weeks would be crazy, and then it would get very hard to even find a booking

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
they can't make you stay at a hotel, the costs for 2 weeks would be crazy, and then it would get very hard to even find a booking
They clearly can by law, ie they have the legal authority to enact such a requirement. I'm not saying they will, but they can. (They actually did this for arrivals without plans for isolation when that was first introduced, and I believe still do, but rarely).

Since this is only a rumour not really worth discussing how it would work.

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
They clearly can by law, ie they have the legal authority to enact such a requirement. I'm not saying they will, but they can. (They actually did this for arrivals without plans for isolation when that was first introduced, and I believe still do, but rarely).

Since this is only a rumour not really worth discussing how it would work.
so were gonna be forced to pay thousands of dollars more on arrival to pay for a hotel?

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Like I said, all rumours so far so the answer is ... I don't know.
I recently contacted my local MP about our file, they have sent me some forms to fill out and they are going to look into our file with the Ircc, anyone had luck doing this?

Tacolme

Oct 31, 2020
I recently contacted my local MP about our file, they have sent me some forms to fill out and they are going to look into our file with the Ircc, anyone had luck doing this?
If you simply want an update, it is very efficient. They will provide a detailed current status of the file. But asking them to check into the file won’t speed anything up.

sukhoi2050

Mar 7, 2020
Sukhoi, what do you mean submitted. Have you received aor 1?

I mean when an applicant checks his application status on CIC account after logging in with GCkey, some say application received, some say in process, mine says submitted.

was wandering if anyone else's status is the same as mine?

P.S. application received - March 06, 2020
AOR received in oct 2020.

Medical and Biometrics done.

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I mean when an applicant checks his application status on CIC account after logging in with GCkey, some say application received, some say in process, mine says submitted.

was wandering if anyone else's status is the same as mine?

P.S. application received - March 06, 2020
AOR received in oct 2020.

Medical and Biometrics done.
That's what mine says to, and in process on ecas

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I though gc keys updated faster. My file is in HK. Shows APPLICATION RECEIVED on ecas. But on gckeys says process. Clearly its rrceived in HK but I dont think processing has started.

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I though gc keys updated faster. My file is in HK. Shows APPLICATION RECEIVED on ecas. But on gckeys says process. Clearly its rrceived in HK but I dont think processing has started.
Ecas is update daily I believe, but who knows at this point, I just assume they are not working anymore and then I stop getting stressed about it.