+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Fizz 2020

May 20, 2020
If you are accusing people in IRCC of corruption there are many legal avenues to pursue. I hope you have lots of evidence to back that up or are you just making baseless accusations?
Well i said it seems like there is something wrong ,the way people are getting AOR randomly ,this is absolutely unfair that so many March applicants have been waiting for 8 months and their files have not opened so far and they have moved to August files .

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
I received my biometrics letter on October 19th and just got the call today by Service Canada. My appointment is for November 10th!
So am I right in assuming you were Outland from the US but currently in Canada? My outland application was received March 19th, and I was going to go home that month back to New York originally.. but then COVID happened, so I've been here since. Although I haven't received AOR, I am worried about when I get a biometrics request while I'm still in Canada. My attorneys office told me I can't change my address once an application is submitted... but that makes no sense. People move, or travel from country to country, etc. Did you just update the residential address to a Canadian address, and actually get a call from Service Canada near you to give biometrics here??

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
IRCC said no application will be returned - Lie

IRCC said 6000 apps per month and about 4900 by December - Most likely a lie

IRCC said applications will be process based on delivered date. Big lie as March applicants still waiting and August are receiving AOR

Reactions: Usr1997

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
So am I right in assuming you were Outland from the US but currently in Canada? My outland application was received March 19th, and I was going to go home that month back to New York originally.. but then COVID happened, so I've been here since. Although I haven't received AOR, I am worried about when I get a biometrics request while I'm still in Canada. My attorneys office told me I can't change my address once an application is submitted... but that makes no sense. People move, or travel from country to country, etc. Did you just update the residential address to a Canadian address, and actually get a call from Service Canada near you to give biometrics here??
Yes, same here. My husband and I were living across the border (me in Niagara Falls, NY, him in Hamilton) then COVID happened. Once you get the BIL,
Nice I hope to hear something soon got bil on October 21st

What part of Canada you in? Near Kirkland Lake North bay+
I live in Montréal. People near Toronto have been waiting 1-2 months, but you're in a more rural area, so hopefully you'll get it soon! Someone from London, ON only waited like 3 weeks or so.
Yes, same here. My husband and I were living across the border (me in Niagara Falls, NY, him in Hamilton) then COVID happened. Once you get the BIL, you'll be able to change your address by then and then eventually Service Canada will call you about it. That's all I did to get the call, I just updated my address on ECAS.

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
Yes, same here. My husband and I were living across the border (me in Niagara Falls, NY, him in Hamilton) then COVID happened. Once you get the BIL, you'll be able to change your address by then and then eventually Service Canada will call you about it. That's all I did to get the call, I just updated my address on ECAS.
Ahh thank you! Wow, that's a really convenient distance haha. Hopefully my attorneys will change my address... since I can't even access GCKEY or ECAS or anything myself, and never got the AOR. I've been stressing for months about the biometrics now!

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Ahh thank you! Wow, that's a really convenient distance haha. Hopefully my attorneys will change my address... since I can't even access GCKEY or ECAS or anything myself, and never got the AOR. I've been stressing for months about the biometrics now!
Do you have your UCI or app number? You can also update it by calling the 888 number for IRCC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well i said it seems like there is something wrong ,the way people are getting AOR randomly ,this is absolutely unfair that so many March applicants have been waiting for 8 months and their files have not opened so far and they have moved to August files .
So we can take that to mean you have no evidence whatsoever but have a feeling?

Good thing you didn't name any individuals in accusing them of a crime, that would open you up to serious legal liability.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your attorney is wrong, of course you can update an address.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IRCC said no application will be returned - Lie

IRCC said 6000 apps per month and about 4900 by December - Most likely a lie

IRCC said applications will be process based on delivered date. Big lie as March applicants still waiting and August are receiving AOR
If I'm not mistaken, they said they would not return for missing documents where it was clearly indicated with an explanation (i.e. documents requested but not available due to covid).

IRCC said - again if I'm not mistaken - 6000 'final decisions' per month. That does not mean for example 6000 aors per month. More likely it meant that they would push to finalize files that were closer to completion. "Most likely a lie" is a pretty meaningless accusation regardless.

Do you have a source for the "process based on delivered date" comment? It has always been the case that some files move quicker than others, for various reasons. While generally they start processing files at the same time, this does NOT mean first in first out.

Nav009

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
It seems like some IRCC agents take commissions from immigration laywers ,choose files selectively and process them faster than others ,otherwise how's that possible that so many March/April applicants are still waiting for AOR and August applicants have started to get sponsor approval .we should raise this issue on all platforms twitter,facebook and by emailing to our MPs.
This is Canada and we trust our system here...dont make false claims.

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
Hello- I am sponsoring my wife from India and have received medical and biometrics request [March 2020 applicant]. I am waiting for VFS to open before getting the BIO or med tests [as she needs to travel to another city for both]. Would this [waiting to get medical tests done] impact the processing timeline ? Is there a next step that depends on us completing the medical exams ?

Last edited:

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
how do i know which date the application processing started ? is it the date when its moved to a Visa Office [ottawa in my case]? or is there a separate email sent to confirm that ?