+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
Hi my status:
Send application on March-26 by Canada post,
No response for more than 7 months.
Called agents many times and send webform -with Canada post recipt and tracking number.
Nov-2 got an email syaing that Application received on Aug-18th.
Now waiting for AOR.

It took 6 months to receive the application...so strange.
the same case with me, mine application is delivered on April 8th , but they said they have received it on Aug 4th, nothing till date, I am hopeful as some of the Aug ppl started getting file number, please stay in touch as we have almost same case

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi guys

PA is India. Does file getting transferred to Ottawa instead of Delhi is a good sign?

I received a letter today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing."

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys

PA is India. Does file getting transferred to Ottawa instead of Delhi is a good sign?

I received a letter today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing."
you are lucky, delho vo takes to much time to process than ottawa.

Reactions: Boviesam

Fizz 2020

May 20, 2020
Is either true the work systematically or there’s an inside person carefully selecting “some files” and working fast through them. Not sure why they’re not aware that March -July applications are waiting while August’s files are moving. Looks suspicious to me that it’s not a systemic thing but rather a few guys in there doing that. We need to bring this to the attention of MPs already involved in our cause. Like Jenny Kwan, Normandin etc. They know more about this stuff other than our constituent MPs who would start from scratch and wouldn’t know much about immigration issues we’ve being fighting about
It seems like some IRCC agents take commissions from immigration laywers ,choose files selectively and process them faster than others ,otherwise how's that possible that so many March/April applicants are still waiting for AOR and August applicants have started to get sponsor approval .we should raise this issue on all platforms twitter,facebook and by emailing to our MPs.

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Is anyone having trouble linking to gckey? I got the AOR 2 weeks ago, everything except medical is done and its been sent to ottawa, I even sent out a webform, but I still cannot link the application.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
It seems like some IRCC agents take commissions from immigration laywers ,choose files selectively and process them faster than others ,otherwise how's that possible that so many March/April applicants are still waiting for AOR and August applicants have started to get sponsor approval .we should raise this issue on all platforms twitter,facebook and by emailing to our MPs.
It may not be true.

I have submitted application by myself and still got AOR. So may be it depends on your application.

Before giving AOR they are checking all applications and we do not know about this.
Reason I know this is because I know one person who submitted application on 29th June 2020 and I have submitted on 5th June. They got additional document request without AOR by Mail. They did not ask me to submit any document and I got AOR after few weeks.
It means they are checking application before AOR.

Reactions: rrss13

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
By all means write to your MP, press, whomever you like.

You may want to do so before you accuse them of committing crimes.

Snowflow

Sep 8, 2020
It may not be true.

I have submitted application by myself and still got AOR. So may be it depends on your application.

Before giving AOR they are checking all applications and we do not know about this.
Reason I know this is because I know one person who submitted application on 29th June 2020 and I have submitted on 5th June. They got additional document request without AOR by Mail. They did not ask me to submit any document and I got AOR after few weeks.
It means they are checking application before AOR.
I would assume that you and the one you know were very luck and got your filed processed. That's why he got additional doc request and you received AOR. But for us the left ones from Mar/Apr, our packages haven't been opened yet.

Sam_Malhotra

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello all,

I am new to this thread, i have a question, if anybody can help please ?

I applied for spousal file in feb 24,2020.
Received file number on March 6,2020
Medical Request Sept, 20
Biometric Sept 21
Medical Received October October 6
Received eligibility letter October 18
File process showing from October 22
Received Pre arrival letter on Nov 3

Now i have a question, how long it takes from pre arrival to passport submission request ? though i never summited Biometrics ( as VAC are closed in India)

Please advise

Reactions: Usr1997

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I received my biometrics letter on October 19th and just got the call today by Service Canada. My appointment is for November 10th!

Reactions: adyc

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hello all,

I am new to this thread, i have a question, if anybody can help please ?

I applied for spousal file in feb 24,2020.
Received file number on March 6,2020
Medical Request Sept, 20
Biometric Sept 21
Medical Received October October 6
Received eligibility letter October 18
File process showing from October 22
Received Pre arrival letter on Nov 3

Now i have a question, how long it takes from pre arrival to passport submission request ? though i never summited Biometrics ( as VAC are closed in India)

Please advise
its depend, some are get early within month or weeks, or more ,,,,,,
Visa office (case processing office ) ???please

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
I received my biometrics letter on October 19th and just got the call today by Service Canada. My appointment is for November 10th!
Congrats! I got my bio-metric letter earlier this week and am wondering when they'll call. I am outland applicant but living in Canada right now.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
By all means write to your MP, press, whomever you like.

You may want to do so before you accuse them of committing crimes.
I actually did contact my MP today regarding getting a temporary file number. As a by the way question, I asked her office why do we see so many random AORs. She told me that literally teams were sent in to the office to scan all the files that were collected in the backlog in the last few months so they could then be assigned to officers who are working from home. Due to this, the piles have been distributed to the officers ( each of the officer has his own rate of work etc ), and some people are getting AORs sooner, while rest are having to wait a little longer.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you are accusing people in IRCC of corruption there are many legal avenues to pursue. I hope you have lots of evidence to back that up or are you just making baseless accusations?