+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Contacted my MP complaining that many April, June, July and even August applicants had received their AOR's, most of the March applicants had received their AOR's but me being a March 30th applicant had not heard anything, his office looked into the matter and their response after contacting the IRCC was that my spouse in Pakistan was currently being investigated.

Does anyone know what this means? How does the IRCC go about its investigation? What is involved? Can the Canadian High Commission in Pakistan give her a call on her cell phone to speak to her?
Investigated for what? This does not make any sense.

The first step in the sponsorship application is completeness check and then sponsorship approval. Only once the sponsor is approved they move to principal applicant's eligibility. I would suggest asking the MP office to give more detail on the investigation as it makes no sense whatsoever.

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does it then makes sense that who so ever from March has not heard from IRCC is currently having their spouse being evaluated first like Background Check, etc? Opposite to what the usual routine is where the Sponsor is being evaluated first?
And I am seeing a trend that all the applicants from Pakistan are not getting AORs in March. Isn't this a bit unusual? Like they don't send AORs usually by country.

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
And I am seeing a trend that all the applicants from Pakistan are not getting AORs in March. Isn't this a bit unusual? Like they don't send AORs usually by country.
I have definitely been noticing a trend of what countries are getting movement and which are not. I hate to say it but is there a possibility that the IRCC staff checking for completeness are favouring applications over others? My PA is from Ireland so it is probably stuck between a lot of other files considering I am only one of two Irish PA's in the March group when looking at the spreadsheet. I'm starting to lose my marbles. People in freaking August are getting AOR now.

Jul 18, 2017
I have definitely been noticing a trend of what countries are getting movement and which are not. I hate to say it but is there a possibility that the IRCC staff checking for completeness are favouring applications over others? My PA is from Ireland so it is probably stuck between a lot of other files considering I am only one of two Irish PA's in the March group when looking at the spreadsheet. I'm starting to lose my marbles. People in freaking August are getting AOR now.
I am from India and from March but still waiting on my file. So i dont agree that it is by country as many indians have got AOR but not all indians

Reactions: jasluke

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
Hi there march 16 applicant from india
Got aor 15 october
Got medical 22 october
Online status changed from “ in process” to “file recieved”
Waiting for biometerics still no update on biometrics.
Does anybody know if we received biometerics request in future from where we gonna done our biometrics in india cuz vfs global is shutdown.!!! Any body can answer that?

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
My ecas just says that your application is received on August 8 2020. But I'd doesn't say that we started processing your application line. IS THIS NORMAL .Anyone got just this in status after AOR

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hi there march 16 applicant from india
Got aor 15 october
Got medical 22 october
Online status changed from “ in process” to “file recieved”
Waiting for biometerics still no update on biometrics.
Does anybody know if we received biometerics request in future from where we gonna done our biometrics in india cuz vfs global is shutdown.!!! Any body can answer that?
Where was your file transferred to?

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas just says that your application is received on August 8 2020. But I'd doesn't say that we started processing your application line. IS THIS NORMAL .Anyone got just this in status after AOR
This is very much normal and there are way too many people ahead of you - March, April, May, June, July. With the current randomness of application processing, you might as well see some updates on your file.

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi, Quick update on my end:
ECAS updated for Principal Applicant to "Application Received" from "In Process". Hopefully, the AOR2 email comes around in the coming few days.

Details of my application can be found in the excel tracker - March Outland sheet under my profile name.

Reactions: rrss13 and DiiDii