+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it normal that my app on ecas says “we started processing your application...” without getting any aor?
It surely is a good indication. You may receive AOR soon or maybe a Biometrics request. What is the application received date for you?

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
It surely is a good indication. You may receive AOR soon or maybe a Biometrics request. What is the application received date for you?
That’s what I’m hoping so! It’s so confusing that I got to linked without any aor/email from them.

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That’s what I’m hoping so! It’s so confusing that I got to linked without any aor/email from them.
My understanding is that once they scan the applications, they use the UCI (from a previous application) of the Applicant & Sponsor to maintain the file records . This is how we are able to view the status on ECAS using UCI. Some are also able to view it using the Receipt number. It's actually great to view that your application is already being processed without receiving an AOR.

Reactions: rrss13

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
My understanding is that once they scan the applications, they use the UCI (from a previous application) of the Applicant & Sponsor to maintain the file records . This is how we are able to view the status on ECAS using UCI. Some are also able to view it using the Receipt number. It's actually great to view that your application is already being processed without receiving an AOR.
Yea, I’m wondering if I’m ever gonna received aor email or not. I have my app linked on gckey as well but there’s nothing much I can see in there yet.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Did you get it back? what is your timeline? That one person was an inland applicant I think. I have not heard of anything as such for outland. If I am wrong, please let me know.
If he was inland case then ZIP codes are mandatory but international I never thought it is a problem and in the past friend wrote only city names as I filled his. And his wife was here fromNDVO tiger country

Snowflow

Sep 8, 2020
Has anyone in this forum tried to correct mistakes/submit documents through webform before receiving AOR? I guess the only way to do this is to submit webform using the UCI from previous application plus provide cic the temporary file number of the application that people hope to correct. I’m just wondering whether there’s any successful cases by doing things this way. Or what else we could do to update/correct info to prevent the entire application got returned.
Thanks!
I did. I submitted a document to correct a mistake through webform without a UCI or client no. An agent responded they received my doc and forwarded it to the responsible officer for consideration.

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea, I’m wondering if I’m ever gonna received aor email or not. I have my app linked on gckey as well but there’s nothing much I can see in there yet.
Yeah! just wait to receive an official AOR or Biometrics request. Once you have the final application # you'll be able to view the application status.