+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
I sent my file to CPC Nova Scotia Sydney at 49 Dorchester street on March 3 2020 by Express post. My file delivered on March 9 2020 according to delivery status and received by (COADY K). After waiting for 6 months i called ircc call center in September and they gave me temporary file number with xf000.... Since than i am waiting for acknowledgement or something. Is it normal??
I am soo worried - i have not receive any AOR or anything so far. Mine is receive on March 19th and have been checking my emails constantly. Why is soo hard to be with loved one? Our lives are practically halted cause we can't be together as a family.

Reactions: mvl

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Is it true that due to Covid-19 cases increasing and the recent 28 day shutdown..CIC is not working?
Maybe true in Ontario (mississauga office), Nova Scotia has 1 active case so for outland people who have yet to receive AOR or their application is there for processing, i don't think its any extra delays for them.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Maybe true in Ontario (mississauga office), Nova Scotia has 1 active case so for outland people who have yet to receive AOR or their application is there for processing, i don't think its any extra delays for them.
It's bad enough as it is! They are moving at an absolute snail's pace.

Lavtaz

Jan 17, 2018
Hey guys,

Outland application from London, UK

Application submitted Feb 19
Biometrics Instruction letter September 3rd
Sponsor approval letter Sep22, saying case moved from CPC-Sydney to CPC-Ottawa
Quebec undertaking application sent Sep23

**Question: We are now both in Canada - will they call us to do biometrics (as they say on their webpage) or do we need to leave Canada back to the UK to do biometrics? I contacted IRCC and emailed CPC-Ottawa 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer...**
Hi..when did u get csq request letter...kindly tell

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
I just called the IRCC they told me that they processing February applications they didn't start with march yet. I am really in shock
I received a massage from the IRCC before they told me that they are in march . so what is that?
I can no longer understand anything...
how they didn't start with march and there is many people here getting email.
please someone call IRCC and ask them about the month they are processing right now. I want to compare the answers

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I just called the IRCC they told me that they processing February applications they didn't start with march yet. I am really in shock
I received a massage from the IRCC before they told me that they are in march . so what is that?
please someone call IRCC and ask them about the month they are processing right now. I want to compare the answers
If I may chime in, I would suggest taking everything IRCC agents say with a grain of salt. I would go to the extent of saying try not to call them at all unless you really need to inform them from your end about an update to your application. In my experience, they have only sowed seeds of confusion by providing incoherent or outdated information.

I understand anxiety causes us to reach out and ask but best is to just stay clear.

That's just my personal experience.

Reactions: DiiDii and canadan_

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Do not trust anything what IRCC agent tells you. I have been given so many wrong info and was told 3 weeks before that my documents are all completed and I should be getting AOR. Then I called again and another agent said that is not true.

We all know they are sending Bio and Med request to march applications but agents are still in pre pandemic mode and think its still February.

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
If I may chime in, I would suggest taking everything IRCC agents say with a grain of salt. I would go to the extent of saying try not to call them at all unless you really need to inform them from your end about an update to your application. In my experience, they have only sowed seeds of confusion by providing incoherent or outdated information.

I understand anxiety causes us to reach out and ask but best is to just stay clear.

That's just my personal experience.
Co-signed. My impression is it’s not worth the effort to speak to the call centre agents, the response will just depend on how recently they checked their list of canned responses.

Reactions: pc8922