+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

votis

Apr 13, 2019
She is Kenyan resident and I wanted to ask if she goes to Kenya for vacation and gets her biometrics and medical request while Kenya. Will she be able to get her biometrics and medical done from Kenya.
She will be able to do her biometrics and medical in Nairobi. I had my biometrics taken before Covid hit and it seems that they have VAC opened right now with limited services. She will need a letter of request but she will be able to do it. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ken/en/can/news/naorobi-vac

For her medical, she will need to go to Gigiri (Nairobi) to have it done. They seem to have limited staff since they will be having to handle the people coming in from the airport too. She should try to call them first to set an appointment after she gets the medical request. http://kenya.iom.int/

Reactions: mani1993

Jay_jay02

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Contacted cic, they said they received my application on March 23. They assigned a temporary file number but has not started to process. When they start to process it thats when they will send the AOR. Just have continue wait.

• Sad
Reactions: Brownbeauty

Angie...

Apr 25, 2018
Contacted cic, they said they received my application on March 23. They assigned a temporary file number but has not started to process. When they start to process it thats when they will send the AOR. Just have continue wait.
How did you contact cic ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There's no AOR on weekends... Monday to Friday usually more in the afternoon evenings
I received AOR on a Saturday. They send AOR through a bulk mailing server so it probably is just that it was finalized on a Friday and sent out overnight. Yes, there was a time difference issue but it was time stamped early Saturday morning nova Scotia time.

Of course all subject to change.

Reactions: rrss13

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Biometric exemption for permanent residence applicants with previous biometric enrolments on file

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-biometric-exemption.html

Starts from today!
Yes you're right. I got my biometrics request letter on 9th September 2020. But I have already given biometrics for open work permit which I applied in February 2020 (that got refused). So this is a good news as vfs offices are closed here in India and have no idea when will they open up again. Such a sigh of relief.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Yes you're right. I got my biometrics request letter on 9th September 2020. But I have already given biometrics for open work permit which I applied in February 2020 (that got refused). So this is a good news as vfs offices are closed here in India and have no idea when will they open up again. Such a sigh of relief.
Good to hear that!
But not good enough for me and my spouse. As my spouse never applied before for any visa category. And this PR application is the first application :(

Reactions: rrss13

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
I received AOR on a Saturday. They send AOR through a bulk mailing server so it probably is just that it was finalized on a Friday and sent out overnight. Yes, there was a time difference issue but it was time stamped early Saturday morning nova Scotia time.

When is your application received?

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020

When did IRCC receive your application?