+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

navisingh87

Feb 11, 2015
Hello people I put my wife spousal sponsorship application on April 29,2020. Didn’t get any file number yet.She’s pregnant. My baby due date is October last week. My question is can I visit India for 2-3 months to support my wife...please help me out with some advice as I read somewhere u can’t visit while application is on process...thanks in advance

Jul 18, 2017
Hello people I put my wife spousal sponsorship application on April 29,2020. Didn’t get any file number yet.She’s pregnant. My baby due date is October last week. My question is can I visit India for 2-3 months to support my wife...please help me out with some advice as I read somewhere u can’t visit while application is on process...thanks in advance
Don't get yourself confused - the rule of Sponsor to be present in Canada while the PR application is in process is generally stringent for the people who got their PR showing they will immigrate to Canada alone (without their spouse) and then do "soft landing" in Canada > apply for spousal visa > and leave Canada again.
If you have been living in canada before you got married and you have a job in Canada, this shows that you have strong ties to Canada. If this is your case, doesn't matter you are a PR or citizen, you can take a leave from your work and go for 2-3 months. It will not be an issue.

Reactions: Thabe

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
"You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada"

2-3 months would most likely be considered living outside Canada.
Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
Living outside Canada means living outside Canada and sometimes coming to Canada to visit friends, and having fun. When someone lives within Canada and pay taxes or got hired by a company or even funded by the University , means that he,she lives here and its ok going out for a while.

Jul 18, 2017
"You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada"

2-3 months would most likely be considered living outside Canada.
Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
If you are going on a vacation for one week or for 3 months, it is still a vacation. You will not be considered living outside Canada. Living outside means, you are coming to Canada for 3-4 months but, it is vice-versa here.

Reactions: shz86

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Congratulations first of all. You are free to go and visit family members during your sponsorship application is still under process. You are still paying your rent/mortgage, car insurance/EMI, and phone bills, all these more than enough to prove your status in Canada.

2-3 months of Vacation is not going to affect anything, and do not send any web-reform to IRCC, just make sure your phone stays active, to take any call if they want to check with you regarding your sponsorship application.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
If I am outside Canada (I am a citizen by the way), I have my phone roaming on, etc, so my local Canada number would still ring, does that mean I would be able to call CIC even though I am abroad and physically outside Canada (since its still a 647 number)?

Gor1989

Jun 14, 2019
Hello friends,
I have a question regarding Outland Spousal sponsership.
I am a permanent resident of canada and lives in canada. Currently unmarried.

If I get married in india, I need to know do I have to stay in CANADA for the whole time while the application for Outland Spousal sponsership for my future wife is in process?
Or after one month of the submission of the outland application, I can simply travel to India and live with my wife until she receives her outland sponser Visa?

Is there any limit that the sponser can visit travel and spend time outside canada once the Outland Spousal sponsership application is in progress?
My main goal is to live in india with my future wife until the Outland Spousal sponsership application is completed.

I don't want to follow inland application process.
You can go to visit for a short period of time like a month or less. Mine is same case. I have called CIC and confirmed!

Reactions: johncall

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
If I am outside Canada (I am a citizen by the way), I have my phone roaming on, etc, so my local Canada number would still ring, does that mean I would be able to call CIC even though I am abroad and physically outside Canada (since its still a 647 number)?
yes, but some countries dont have roaming with Canada agreements.

navisingh87

Feb 11, 2015
Don't get yourself confused - the rule of Sponsor to be present in Canada while the PR application is in process is generally stringent for the people who got their PR showing they will immigrate to Canada alone (without their spouse) and then do "soft landing" in Canada > apply for spousal visa > and leave Canada again.
If you have been living in canada before you got married and you have a job in Canada, this shows that you have strong ties to Canada. If this is your case, doesn't matter you are a PR or citizen, you can take a leave from your work and go for 2-3 months. It will not be an issue.

navisingh87

Feb 11, 2015
Congratulations first of all. You are free to go and visit family members during your sponsorship application is still under process. You are still paying your rent/mortgage, car insurance/EMI, and phone bills, all these more than enough to prove your status in Canada.

2-3 months of Vacation is not going to affect anything, and do not send any web-reform to IRCC, just make sure your phone stays active, to take any call if they want to check with you regarding your sponsorship application.