+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
New thread for March 2020 applicants
My mother filed a sponsorship applicatuon for me and was sent by mail and delivered on 07/02/2020 , Im a green card holder ( syrian national ) im turning 22 on August 1, so im good on the deadline as long as there was no mistakes by the lawyer. But havent heard nothing, no confirmation of them receiving it or anything still a dead end here no other option but to wait. I was deported from canada for accidently overstaying after my asylum case was denied. Im hoping I get approved but any news about processing times or anything about sponsorship?

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I did the process ten years ago. I can state that it's much improved now. Esp. in regards to providing info on what country-specific docs you need etc. What hasn't changed in the past ten years is to need to read and understand the application thoroughly. I literally went over the application like six times before I sent it it. There are little details which can trip one up here and there. Pays to be meticulous.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hey, I'm from the February Outland applications (received February 20th) and I just wanted to tell you that I have been receiving the same messages as the one mentioned above for several months! We just received the Biometrics Request an hour ago, a couple of days after the February 17th, 18th and 19th applications! Your turn is coming!!! A tiny bit more patience everyone! We all can do it!
Congrats for Biometrics!!
is the PA from India?

Neha255

May 22, 2018
We have received biomatrics collection letter in our online account for my husband’s PR application. We had submitted sponsorship application in Feb 2020 and received a request yesterday. Can someone help me know what is next step we should expect? Does anyone know how long it takes to get PR approved after biomatrics request?

thanks

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
We have received biomatrics collection letter in our online account for my husband’s PR application. We had submitted sponsorship application in Feb 2020 and received a request yesterday. Can someone help me know what is next step we should expect? Does anyone know how long it takes to get PR approved after biomatrics request?

thanks

When is your application received? Can you please update the tracker/excel sheet?

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
We submitted application on feb 20,2020, want to know once biomatrics done, should we expect PR in 2-3 months?
No one can say for sure however I would anticipate it taking a while longer given the delays everyone here is experiencing, especially depending on the complexity of your case.

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
We submitted application on feb 20,2020, want to know once biomatrics done, should we expect PR in 2-3 months?
After biometrics it will take few months too. Because after AOR1, medical and biometrics still go through other stages of application. As you have submitted application on Feb 2020, it usually takes 8-12 months to get decision made. In this forum somewhere there is a link where all steps are explained so find that.
Again hope for the best for everyone that they get their file approved soon.

Reactions: Neha255