+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

SANDEEPA10

Dec 17, 2019
hi, I am a Permanent Resident in Canada, and I sent my sponsorship application on the 3rd of March 2020. (I'm sponsoring my wife in Sri Lanka.). but I still got no response from the immigration due to Covid-19. so I'm planning to visit my wife soon. so Does anyone know how long can I stay out of Canada without affecting my sponsorship application?

Reactions: shz86

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
They go in waves some April guy got it sent back but others have got nothing etc

Each app gets aor and processes differently why that is idk but time lines etc show it
1st april application was returned for missing checklist and wasn't refused. So, It might also mean that they have scanned the applications received till march31st and none of them were returned till now means all are in their system and might be getting aor1s this month, i assume.

Reactions: KATHIA08

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
1st april application was returned for missing checklist and wasn't refused. So, It might also mean that they have scanned the applications received till march31st and none of them were returned till now means all are in their system and might be getting aor1s this month, i assume.
I think it's more complicated than that each app probably has different amounts of junk to scan into system more or less photos etc different requirements

Just because our app got there before April doesn't mean we get aor before April or vice versa each app is different and each person handling cases is different some might be more lenient and just request more documentation or send it back there is no way to know how it will unfold

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
My outland sponsorship app was submitted on 23rd March. Looking at the progress of getting AOR's , it seems that i might not get an AOR until the next 2 months , i.e November, that is just insane. What that means for the timeline by which my wife will actually get the dependent PR is something my brain can't think without exploding.
I am still very hopeful being an optimist and think that something exceptional might happen allowing the Immi team to process spousal PR applications in 3-4 months very soon. Otherwise we're doomed, waiting like invaluable people and being put on almost permanent hold, not even provided of a well structured option of any temporary Visa.
Hate this uncertain system which is very unreasonable, asking people to justify their relationship, as if trying to prove someone non-guilty of a serious crime, considering the time taken for the documentation needed.
May GOD help all of us!

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Covid should have given us a trailer that it was going to come March 2020 and put the world on pause. I would have preponed my wedding and all of that to beat covid. I hope Nova Scotia starts working like normal again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrss13

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
My outland sponsorship app was submitted on 23rd March. Looking at the progress of getting AOR's , it seems that i might not get an AOR until the next 2 months , i.e November, that is just insane. What that means for the timeline by which my wife will actually get the dependent PR is something my brain can't think without exploding.
I am still very hopeful being an optimist and think that something exceptional might happen allowing the Immi team to process spousal PR applications in 3-4 months very soon. Otherwise we're doomed, waiting like invaluable people and being put on almost permanent hold, not even provided of a well structured option of any temporary Visa.
Hate this uncertain system which is very unreasonable, asking people to justify their relationship, as if trying to prove someone non-guilty of a serious crime, considering the time taken for the documentation needed.
May GOD help all of us!
I totally feel you...I am miserable too as I have sponsored my wife and dont know when she will join me here. The way things are, it seems it will take a long time

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
May GOD help all of us!
Yeah, I know where you come from. Just hang in there. It'll work out in the end. I'm hoping they finish in 3-4 months. I'm not optimistic for that, but you just never know. I'm not even so worried about "AOR". I want the biometrics and medicals done.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Yeah, I know where you come from. Just hang in there. It'll work out in the end. I'm hoping they finish in 3-4 months. I'm not optimistic for that, but you just never know. I'm not even so worried about "AOR". I want the biometrics and medicals done.
me too more worried about VAC to reopen , as eventually we all will get AOR .
but if biometric not done then file won’t move ahead! ( for those applicants whose VAC is still closed)

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I hope not !
Let see this week if I get an answer
You were not skipped. They don’t always go in exact order. My husband was a June 17, 2019 applicant and there were people after us in the month of June who received AOR before we did. Too soon to worry yet.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You were not skipped. They don’t always go in exact order. My husband was a June 17, 2019 applicant and there were people after us in the month of June who received AOR before we did. Too soon to worry yet.
its still a skip - if you catch up within 30 days, you're good, if you're still not updated, you need to worry.
For example, as a late Jan applicant, I was skipped at the Transfer to VO stage on March 12th, and I'm still stuck in Sydney....now if March apps get Transfer to VO, then I'm royally screwed. Its like the Amazing Race - you can be in the lead pack and suddenly your wheels are spinning and everybody runs by you...and the worst thing there's nothing you can do about it really except maybe order gcms notes and cry.