+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Chandrang

Mar 16, 2016
This is what I got for my question

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.”

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
This is what I got for my question

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.”
Same I got the exact same reply when I sent a webform.

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hey, I'm from the February Outland applications (received February 20th) and I just wanted to tell you that I have been receiving the same messages as the one mentioned above for several months! We just received the Biometrics Request an hour ago, a couple of days after the February 17th, 18th and 19th applications! Your turn is coming!!! A tiny bit more patience everyone! We all can do it!

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Hey, I'm from the February Outland applications (received February 20th) and I just wanted to tell you that I have been receiving the same messages as the one mentioned above for several months! We just received the Biometrics Request an hour ago, a couple of days after the February 17th, 18th and 19th applications! Your turn is coming!!! A tiny bit more patience everyone! We all can do it!
Thank you for the update. Hopefully we all get to be with our spouses very soon!

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my lawyers office and they state that the immigration office has requested more proof of marriage. I guess 17 years together, our 3 children, wedding pictures, wedding certificate, and all of our family pictures weren’t sufficient. Hey! But at least we’ve heard from them. Things should start to look up
This question never received a solid answer so I’ll add a bit here. There was mentiom of the spouse living illegally in the USA? While that may be a concern for them, they’re likely also looking for proof of cohabitation. You may have been married for 17 years and have three kids, but how much of those 17 years have you actually spent living together and did you provide enough solid evidence of those years spent living together? If you did not and you haven’t been living together for most of that time, they could be questioning how genuine the marriage is. While married couples don’t have to prove time living together consecutively like common law, for a marriage that long, not living together for much of it can be seen as a red flag.

Reactions: smbr