+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Some good news. :) Biometrics starting to open up.

25 May 2020
Dubai
The Visa Application Centre in Dubai will re-open for business on Sunday, 31st May and will provide the following limited services until further notice:
  • Biometrics collection for Biometric Instruction Letter holders only
  • Return of decision envelopes to applicants
Hi There! We are looking to send our application by the end of the month. Have you had huge delays due to COVID? Worried this process is going to take over 2 years now :(

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Hi There! We are looking to send our application by the end of the month. Have you had huge delays due to COVID? Worried this process is going to take over 2 years now :(
If it takes that long we will organize protest at mps offices etc and candian embassy etc in places where it is safe to do so we will find a way if there isn't movment in atleast some apps this month for aor

Jul 18, 2017
IRCC agents over the phone are saying IRCC has been processing spouse applications, they have never halted it. it is just taking longer than normal.
Is anyone believing this?

Jul 18, 2017
I sent a webform to inquire about our application status last friday.
Today I got a response:

--Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the principal applicant.--

I dont get it I am the sponsor!!!!
It doesn't matter if you are the sponsor or not, if you haven't filled the "Use of Representative" form with your application, they will not disclose anything.

Btw, they are processing the application? I thought you were waiting on the AOR?

Balpreet123

Jun 3, 2020
Hi. I am from INDIA, My spouse has applied for my Canadian spousal PR as i am residing in INDIA
We Applied for my spousal sponsorship visa in the month of February 2020, but due to some paper requirement, we submitted the file AGAIN in the month of April 2020.
"Does anyone received the File number (AOR), who all have submitted the file in 2020 after MARCH also, is there any Impact of COVID19 over the file status.?

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I sent a webform asking if they received our app (I’m the sponsor btw) and this is the response I got.

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.”