+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

k.sha.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thank you for this forum! It helps a lot. I am a first timer, will be sponsoring PR for my wife by end of the month, and have a few questions I am hoping you all will help me out with.

A little bit about us;
I am the sponsor who is a PR, working and living in Canada. My wife is an Indian citizen currently residing in the US on work visa. We had a small civil marriage Nov '19 with her and my family members present in the US. But, we did not have our "big Indian fat" wedding yet, as we plan to have that later this year when we travel to India.

Now, I am planning on getting her PR process done, in the meantime so when we get married correctly, she would have her PR done by then.

Questions about the process;

- It is my understanding that after I send her paper application to NS, there are a few stages that the entire process goes through (i.e. AOR, SA, etc.) and the entire process takes anywhere between 6-12 months. Once I send the application, will they let us know when to get her medical and biometrics done?

- Also, after SA is complete, will they send her application to the US for further processing or will it be sent to Mississauga office?

Questions about documents;

- Since she doesn't live with me in Canada, and she's never been to Canada on visitor visa either, I can not add her name in my bank accounts to show proof of joint bank accounts. I do, however, occasionally visit her in the US and the last time I went there, we added my name on her bank account. Can I show her bank account statement documents to show proof that me and her are both named in the same bank account?

- We can gather 20+pictures, social media relationship declaration, our whatsapp call logs and chats, congratulatory messages, flight tickets to show my travelling etc What else would you recommend I add to strengthen this proof of genuine relationship criteria?

- She earns well in the States so we never really exchanged/transferred money to each other. What can I do here as I see in the checklist this being one of the proof that our relationship is genuine.

- I am also thinking of writing a word document explaining the fact why we have not had our big fat indian wedding yet and that we will have the wedding later this year. Do you think this is a good idea or should I just not bother with it?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!!

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
As my spouse sent my application from canada, i just want to know:

1. If i will receive the application updates or my spouse in canada that sent the application?
2. Will CIC inform us that they received our file before AOR1?

THANKS

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi Everyone, My application was received on March 3rd, but no AOR yet. Will the Coronavirus impact the timeline for AOR?
Apparently not, if anything I feel it may speed up processing as less people are likely applying due to the panic. I just received my AOR1 yesterday but just saw the email a few minutes ago! My application was delivered 2 March.

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Finally, sent my form by courier today. Spousal sponsorship and i am the PA with 1 dependant

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Application intake
Intake of new permanent residence applications will continue. Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days.

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures.

If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline.

Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants in China, Iran or South Korea, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

• Love
Reactions: DiiDii

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Seeing i only submitted my forms today, will reaching CPC office take longer than usual since the virus outbreak has cause to close borders?
Im hoping it still reaches safely.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
File sent via courier on 13th march still not received by Canada office? I don't know when it will reach there.....

Abhi2201

Jan 10, 2019
I had sent my file on 13th March and it reached Nova Scotia on 16th March 2020.
On 16th March it was Out for Delivery which has suddenly changed to On Hold
Now as per the Canada post the Item is on hold at recipient's request which means CIC is not taking any documents.
Please let me know if you are also facing the same issue.