+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Jul 18, 2017
i submitted my application on March 12th and of course no reply yet. i have to move and my home address will be changed from next month.
Should i tell CIC about my address change even though they have not started working on it?
Would my address even matter (i am the sponsor)?

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i submitted my application on March 12th and of course no reply yet. i have to move and my home address will be changed from next month.
Should i tell CIC about my address change even though they have not started working on it?
Would my address even matter (i am the sponsor)?
In my opinion, you should definitely inform them of the change in your address. Maybe you can wait to receive AOR for using the Application number in the webform for updating address. Please review the weblinks below :

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=043&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
In my opinion, you should definitely inform them of the change in your address. Maybe you can wait to receive AOR for using the Application number in the webform for updating address. Please review the weblinks below :

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=043&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
How do you submit without the without a client ID or application number? The form says to leave it blank if you don't have one, and then gives you an error saying you need it,.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How do you submit without the without a client ID or application number? The form says to leave it blank if you don't have one, and then gives you an error saying you need it,.
You need aor. I tried to do the same and they replied telling me I needed to wait to receive file numbers so they can locate it in their system. They got back to me about 2 days ago

Reactions: jasluke

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
You need aor. I tried to do the same and they replied telling me I needed to wait to receive file numbers so they can locate it in their system. They got back to me about 2 days ago
How did you contact them with out the form? Phone? I'm deaf. :)

Jul 18, 2017
But lets say if someone's application is incomplete and they are trying to return it prior to providing AOR then?
What to do in that case? the file will be returned to the old address.

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I understand...That's why I mentioned waiting for AOR. I know it's just so hard to keep waiting and trying to understand what IRCC is up to.

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But lets say if someone's application is incomplete and they are trying to return it prior to providing AOR then?
What to do in that case? the file will be returned to the old address.
Even if it is sent to the old address; you can get your mails redirected to current address through Canada Post.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions

From: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IN/RROC/Ottawa)

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Name: ABCD Passport number: 1234
Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID – 19, no.3, authorized under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been approved.
Important: You must present this email when checking in for your flight, or you may not be allowed to board your flight to Canada. You must also present this email upon entry to Canada.
This authorization is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.
Please note that this document is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you will need to travel to Canada.
Only foreign nationals who have a valid Canadian visa or eTA can travel with this authorization. You will not be allowed into Canada if a Canadian border services officer cannot confirm that your travel documents are valid, that the purpose of your travel is not discretionary, that you have immediate family members in Canada, or any other admissibility requirements.
canada.ca/en/public- health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html.
Please visit canada.ca/covid19 for official Government of Canada news and announcements regarding COVID-19.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID – 19, no.3, authorized under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been approved.
Important: You must present this email when checking in for your flight, or you may not be allowed to board your flight to Canada. You must also present this email upon entry to Canada.
This authorization is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.
Please note that this document is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you will need to travel to Canada.
Only foreign nationals who have a valid Canadian visa or eTA can travel with this authorization. You will not be allowed into Canada if a Canadian border services officer cannot confirm that your travel documents are valid, that the purpose of your travel is not discretionary, that you have immediate family members in Canada, or any other admissibility requirements.
canada.ca/en/public- health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html.
Please visit canada.ca/covid19 for official Government of Canada news and announcements regarding COVID-19.
what does this prove?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Good day,
Congrats!