+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Vinay4u

Aug 23, 2016
After deciding to return the paper based Visit applications, I'm thinking they might do the same for the Paper based spousal applications :-(

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
After deciding to return the paper based Visit applications, I'm thinking they might do the same for the Paper based spousal applications :-(
I doubt it they might switch to electonic ones soon but those who already sumbited em will still be in the system as paper ones until scanned (they will do like they do with the forms you got a certain leeway on em after they update)

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
They need a system to be able to do them electronically. They have submitted a tender for vendors to bid on to create such a system. This will take at least a year and cost a lot. But I also think it is time the government innovated and allowed for electronic submissions. So now there is the wait for them to select who builds it and get busy building.

jaskirat23

Apr 30, 2020
Anyone applied for a TRV according to the new rules? and does a rejection for Visitor visa if applied now affect the Spousal PR file as still waiting for AOR and god knows how long it is going to take?
Thanks in advance..

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Anyone applied for a TRV according to the new rules? and does a rejection for Visitor visa if applied now affect the Spousal PR file as still waiting for AOR and god knows how long it is going to take?
Thanks in advance..

I have applied for TRV on March 5th 2020, my spousal application is still in process. I emailed the IRCC about my TRV application two days ago inquiring if it will be processed under new regulations set on June 9th, 2020. I am yet to hear anything back from them.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I doubt it they might switch to electonic ones soon but those who already sumbited em will still be in the system as paper ones until scanned (they will do like they do with the forms you got a certain leeway on em after they update)
If you read the RFP, the initial focus is citizenship-related. I highly doubt they'll return the paper-based applications. For them to move to an electronics based process, it will take time. It'll have to be developed, approved, implemented, tested etc.

jaskirat23

Apr 30, 2020
I have applied for TRV on March 5th 2020, my spousal application is still in process. I emailed the IRCC about my TRV application two days ago inquiring if it will be processed under new regulations set on June 9th, 2020. I am yet to hear anything back from them.
Thanks for the Info, Please let us know if you hear back..

Reactions: blaze123 and Sepi

Vinay4u

Aug 23, 2016
But they could've done that with the Visit applications too, right? They in fact had VAC's to help there.

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks in advance..
applying and/or being rejected for a TRV after you’re married will never affect your application negatively. In fact, it is one of the factors they will look at for genuineness assessment. Genuine spouses want to visit one another. Multiple TRV apps/rejections prior to your marriage will be the red flags depending on what/who the visits were for.

Reactions: Sepi

jaskirat23

Apr 30, 2020
applying and/or being rejected for a TRV after you’re married will never affect your application negatively. In fact, it is one of the factors they will look at for genuineness assessment. Genuine spouses want to visit one another. Multiple TRV apps/rejections prior to your marriage will be the red flags depending on what/who the visits were for.
Thanks for the reply !! My wife has never applied for TRV or any visa for that matter (except Spousal file that we sent in March), and this will be her first application to Canada, I am inclined to try and apply for the visitor permit since it looks to be all online.

Reactions: Sepi and ZOOZ

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks for the reply !! My wife has never applied for TRV or any visa for that matter (except Spousal file that we sent in March), and this will be her first application to Canada, I am inclined to try and apply for the visitor permit since it looks to be all online.
You definitely have nothing to lose! Best of luck

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi @Smd91_ Even I am planning to apply for TRV... Hence can you please let me know how long did you wait (after submitting your PR application) to apply for TRV.

Reactions: Sepi

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hi @Smd91_ Even I am planning to apply for TRV... Hence can you please let me know how long did you wait (after submitting your PR application) to apply for TRV.
i waited till we received sponsorship approval.
Good luck