+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received PPR on Dec 31 from CPC-Ottawa. Outland applicant based in US but indian passport holder. I am currently in Canada on TRV and will submit my passport from Canada. Given COVID, does anyone know if I should request signature on delivery of my passport to CPC-Ottawa? Given it's a PO box address, not sure if signature on delivery is necessary?
It is up to you. Signature gives you a record of when it was delivered and a bit more certainty.

Note that not all po boxes will give signature but I believe usually will.

hagt07

Jan 3, 2021
It is up to you. Signature gives you a record of when it was delivered and a bit more certainty.

Note that not all po boxes will give signature but I believe usually will.
Thanks for the quick response! So Canada Post and CPC still do signature on delivery during COVID?

Another question: as I am in Canada on TRV, would i still get a permanent residence visa in my passport and have to re-enter Canada? I read somewhere that they can go straight to virtual landing without me having to re-enter?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the quick response! So Canada Post and CPC still do signature on delivery during COVID?

Another question: as I am in Canada on TRV, would i still get a permanent residence visa in my passport and have to re-enter Canada? I read somewhere that they can go straight to virtual landing without me having to re-enter?
Sometimes they have simply written something like covid instead of getting physical signature. But still serves as confirmation of receipt.

It seems now they are mostly doing the virtual landing with no need to depart and return.

Astrix_Obilix

Dec 1, 2020
Hi Guys, below is our timeline if it helps: PA is from India

Application submitted: March 19, 2020
Application received: March 20, 2020
AOR1: October 15, 2020
Biometrics: Not asked for. Already provided at the time of TRV - Nov 2019
Medical Requested: Oct 20, 2020
File transferred to Ottawa: Oct 26, 2020
Medicals Submitted: Oct 26, 2020
Pre-Arrival Letter: Nov 23, 2020
Decision Made: Nov 28, 2020
PPR Decision: Dec 31, 2020

Working on the two-way passport process lined out by VFS Global. Just wondering if the consent form and the courier form can be filled by hand (black or blue pen)? Request someone to help me with this.

Sarbjit840

Nov 10, 2020
Hello friends we have sent our details for 2 way courier service after ppr but we haven’t got payment link or AWB number yet

We sent mail on Friday afternoon when i can expect payment link ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

To add to what @armoured said, all inland app landings are virtual right now. The practice of leaving and returning is called "Flag poling" which they are not allowing at this time.

Rohan Khanna

Dec 8, 2020
Finally Good news today, i received my PPR.

Just wanted to have an idea that if i will submit my passport today in VFS Oman, how much time it takes to get the passport back? Any idea?