+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Can anyone comment on how people are getting biometrics done when VACs are closed? Are they actually properly closed or taking people by appointment only? PA is in Ireland and would be doing biometrics in Dublin. The website says the Dublin VAC is temporarily closed.
Bios can be done anywhere in the world, if you can't do it there you can consider going elsewhere to have it done to help your application move forward, if that's not an option for you then you will just have to wait.

Kiran2020

Nov 13, 2020
Just to clarify a bit:

The address doesn’t matter for biometerics, medical, etc. My husband’s papers all had his Canadian address on them and not his New Zealand address where he had all that done in NZ.

The one time where the address will matter is when you receive your PPR. You want to make sure they have the most recent and correct address on file. That address determines which office you send your PPR to. If the address is not correct when you receive PPR it’s a major headache to request a new one. (Added almost a month to our processing time for them to finally get my husband’s New Zealand address correct so he could be issued a new PPR for Auckland, New Zealand rather than Canada.) If it hadn’t been for that he would have received in COPR in less than three months. Always do what you can to avoid delays! A simple error on their part cost us a month.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
The visit visa is easy to grab by, if you have a US Visa you can do Visa On Arrival. The premise is simple. You gotta test 96 hours prior to your flight. They test you again for free the moment you land, you receive the results in 24 hours and are required to quarantine till then in your hotel room. Voila, good to go.

Not sure how it will work now, last week VFS Dubai mentioned that the latest appointment dates available are for the 7th December.
I rather wait they will have to do something

Reactions: rrss13

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Unable to link my app to gckey, I have a representative but I am trying to link it by creating a new account. Can someone please help

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unable to link my app to gckey, I have a representative but I am trying to link it by creating a new account. Can someone please help
Unfortunately, you cant do it. You will need to remove them as representative first- be sure to discuss this with them first as you might forgo the services being offered by them. For one application only one GC Key account can be linked.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I had been trying for 15 days no success. I used all possible methods but no results only failures EDITED: JUST NOW I tried in IE 11 for the heck of it,
AND WOW! it was linked. Looks like Chrome has some sort of ad blocker which prevents loading. It may be just by chance and NOT chrome fault. But try anyways with IE 11 by adding her File#, Place of Birth etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul09

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Help!! Here is my Spousal sponsorship timeline:
(Sponsor in Toronto, Spouse outside Canada)
Applied: January 10, 2020
App received by IRCC: January 16, 2020
Biometric done - February 15, 2020
Medical done - February 21, 2020
Application moved to New Delhi processing center - March 02, 2020
Estimated time provided for completion - Jan 16, 2021
% completed - 83% so far.

Is it only my application or are there other people who applied sometime in Jan, Feb or March 2020 facing a similar issue? Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on with my application.

Also, I heard that IRCC is expediting visitor visa process for immediate family members? Anyone else gone through the visitore visa process for their spouses while the sponsorship process is ongoing?

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi guys,

Help!! Here is my Spousal sponsorship timeline:
(Sponsor in Toronto, Spouse outside Canada)
Applied: January 10, 2020
App received by IRCC: January 16, 2020
Biometric done - February 15, 2020
Medical done - February 21, 2020
Application moved to New Delhi processing center - March 02, 2020
Estimated time provided for completion - Jan 16, 2021
% completed - 83% so far.

Is it only my application or are there other people who applied sometime in Jan, Feb or March 2020 facing a similar issue? Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on with my application.

Also, I heard that IRCC is expediting visitor visa process for immediate family members? Anyone else gone through the visitore visa process for their spouses while the sponsorship process is ongoing?
I like your name :)
%age BAR is just length of time for 1 year. It is useless and an eyes wiper for us. Visitor Visa , no we haven't seen any case yet from NDVO which is almost closed or dead slow due to pandemic. Did they start BGChecks yet? This may also take unusual time in some cases.

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks. Yeah the progress bar is pretty much irrelevant. I got the background check started prompt sometime right after I got an email saying the app was moved to New Delhi in March.
I don't know what my wife could have done in her life so far to warrant 7 months and counting worth of background checking!!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks. Yeah the progress bar is pretty much irrelevant. I got the background check started prompt sometime right after I got an email saying the app was moved to New Delhi in March.
I don't know what my wife could have done in her life so far to warrant 7 months and counting worth of background checking!!
If no travel Histories then it is matter of few more weeks.

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
I had been trying for 15 days no success. I used all possible methods but no results only failures EDITED: JUST NOW I tried in IE 11 for the heck of it,
AND WOW! it was linked. Looks like Chrome has some sort of ad blocker which prevents loading. It may be just by chance and NOT chrome fault. But try anyways with IE 11 by adding her File#, Place of Birth etc.
That’s Awesome Do you have a representative too?