+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I call ircc this morning agent said we are still working on 12 th feb application no need to call again and again when have update will let you know fucking no update they still we feb so frustrating
Seems that some agents are still on the auto polite reply of the lockdown.

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
Hello,

We submitted the spousal sponsorship application for my wife back in March and still waiting for AOR1 to come in. In the meantime, we applied for a visitors visa for her in parallel, and it was approved, she's got her visitors visa now.

Does anyone know if you can pass your medical in any country, or does it need to be in the country of residence? We are trying to avoid a scenario where she comes to visit in Canada and then has to rush back to get the medical done. It would be ideal if she could do it in Canada, I'm just not sure if this is allowed or not for spousal applications.

BTW, tried to call Immigration Canada about this already, but they couldn't give me a coherent answer. I guess this is not a very common scenario.
Can you please tell which country does your spouse belongs to and when did your visitor visa got approved. I am waiting for a TRV too but the VAC is India..

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I call ircc this morning agent said we are still working on 12 th feb application no need to call again and again when have update will let you know fucking no update they still we feb so frustrating
I never said call them? Nor was I replying to you?

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Is there anyone on this thread who has received an AOR, but did not write their name in local language on IMM5406? I have filled, completed and signed the form correctly, but I have written the name on in English, not my native language. Has anyone heard of file being returned because of that?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Is there anyone on this thread who has received an AOR, but did not write their name in local language on IMM5406? I have filled, completed and signed the form correctly, but I have written the name on in English, not my native language. Has anyone heard of file being returned because of that?
If the passport is in English then no need for native language

Reactions: jasluke and pc8922

futuramanx

May 3, 2020
I think I have the same issue!
Anyone can advise?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
If the passport is in English then no need for native language
Thank you. Every document is in English. Just don't want this minuscule a reason to be a cause for file being returned. Hence, asking. Hopefully there are other people who submitted without native language and got their AORs.

May I ask, did you write yours in your native language (apologies for assuming it's not English)?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I saw quite a few posts about people having missing addresses, emails, etc, particularly on family forms. While I can’t say whether they will return an application for these types of mistakes, just some info for further reference.

When it comes to family, we only put email addresses for my husband’s family for members over the age of eighteen. We included all addresses except one because we did not know it. Anytime you do not know an address or email simply add a separate sheet of paper explaining why that is the case. We had no issues by simply providing an explanation for the one missing address.

It is always important to double, triple, quadruple check every page of your application before sending it in. It’s always good to do it on separate days because that’s when you will often catch something you missed the day before.

I hope nobody has an application returned, but if it does happen keep this mind for when you send it in again!

Last edited:

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Thank you. Every document is in English. Just don't want this minuscule a reason to be a cause for file being returned. Hence, asking. Hopefully there are other people who submitted without native language and got their AORs.

May I ask, did you write yours in your native language (apologies for assuming it's not English)?
I am waiting for AOR! March 24th applicant. Hoping for this week. No, my husband did not write it in our native language!

Last edited:
Reactions: pc8922