+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Similar situation for me, with BG check done in Feb 2021.
Test in Oct 2021.
However they never asked for FP.
And it still noted as "completed" but I read BG was valid only 1 year.
Thank you for your reply. Don’t know what is happening?? These people are very lazy and don’t understand our situation!!

SSALH

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

I applied in March 2020 for my application along with My husband and Kid's application. Test completed in August 2021. status updated to complete on September 2021 for all 5 steps. The citizenship ceremony tab still shows not started. after that no communication from CIC. I sent a web form asking the status in Feb 2022. no reply. the old tracker shows the decision made for me and my husband. The kid's status is still under process. However yesterday I received a survey mentioning that I received a decision made on the file and should rate the experience.
did anybody receive such a survey?

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
Hey guys, I am very concerned about my application. I've applied in March 2020, done the exam in March 2021 and till now the only 2 things which got to completed are the citizenship test and background check. All others are still in progress so I asked to ATIP and found a comment on my file in July 2021 "Application requires additional documentation (PC). ORG 700 expired as application is no longer part of OTW" does anyone know what does this mean?

Reactions: Dreamlad

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hey guys, I am very concerned about my application. I've applied in March 2020, done the exam in March 2021 and till now the only 2 things which got to completed are the citizenship test and background check. All others are still in progress so I asked to ATIP and found a comment on my file in July 2021 "Application requires additional documentation (PC). ORG 700 expired as application is no longer part of OTW" does anyone know what does this mean?
Was any of your ID/passport expired after you submit?
It should not be the case that they need renewed ID of same document as its not part of eligibility criteria but still trying to guess what they are trying to ask.
Were you required to submit any police clearance? Will pc be police clearance?
Is this gcms notes you received recently?

Peche

Nov 1, 2021
Hello,

I applied in March 2020 for my application along with My husband and Kid's application. Test completed in August 2021. status updated to complete on September 2021 for all 5 steps. The citizenship ceremony tab still shows not started. after that no communication from CIC. I sent a web form asking the status in Feb 2022. no reply. the old tracker shows the decision made for me and my husband. The kid's status is still under process. However yesterday I received a survey mentioning that I received a decision made on the file and should rate the experience.
did anybody receive such a survey?
Hi,
I was in the same situation. Similar dates. We are a family of three. We just got oath invite. My kid's status kept the whole time in progress even till the ceremony. So, don't worry about your kid's status it will change only when you become a citizen.
I didn't receive that survey. I think It's random. So, there's no other way than to be patient. I think your family will receive Oath Invite very soon.

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
Was any of your ID/passport expired after you submit?
It should not be the case that they need renewed ID of same document as its not part of eligibility criteria but still trying to guess what they are trying to ask.
Were you required to submit any police clearance? Will pc be police clearance?
Is this gcms notes you received recently?
They did not ask me to submit anything after submitting my passport copies nor a police certificate. I've even asked my MP to request the status of my application and they said that IRCC are not waiting for me to submit anything. But that being said, when they asked me to submit copies of my passports, which were included in the application and are in hand right now, I couldn't submit the latest one because when I applied for a renewal, a new stupid law came in place that if there were no visas on my passport, they destroy old one. So I got the new passport but the old one was never given back to me. I've mentioned that in my email and I told them that I've took a scanned copy of all the pages of the old one and I am happy to share it with them. But they said we are ok. So do you think this is the reason for all this delay?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
They did not ask me to submit anything after submitting my passport copies nor a police certificate. I've even asked my MP to request the status of my application and they said that IRCC are not waiting for me to submit anything. But that being said, when they asked me to submit copies of my passports, which were included in the application and are in hand right now, I couldn't submit the latest one because when I applied for a renewal, a new stupid law came in place that if there were no visas on my passport, they destroy old one. So I got the new passport but the old one was never given back to me. I've mentioned that in my email and I told them that I've took a scanned copy of all the pages of the old one and I am happy to share it with them. But they said we are ok. So do you think this is the reason for all this delay?
Oh ok. Some people got their file moved after contacting MP. Hopefully it will happen to your file. Will see.
You should not worry about the comment as it may not be the final determination of their need.
So whats the paper file location & app status app status reason?

SSALH

Apr 2, 2020
Hi,
I was in the same situation. Similar dates. We are a family of three. We just got oath invite. My kid's status kept the whole time in progress even till the ceremony. So, don't worry about your kid's status it will change only when you become a citizen.
I didn't receive that survey. I think It's random. So, there's no other way than to be patient. I think your family will receive Oath Invite very soon.

Thank you for your reply. feeling positive.

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Update - Just received my Citizenship certificate today in mail. Thank you very much everyone for your support and wish everyone all the best for the remaining process.

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Received my certificate folks and thanks everyone for the support. Hope all the remaining folks will pass through and all the best.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Congrats.!
Can you please provide some more dates:
- Decision made date
- Oath letter received date
- oath date

Also please keep us posted the day when you receive the citizenship certificates

Hello,
My wife applied for her citizenship in March 2020. Below is the timeline. Please add it to the tracker.

App. SentFeb 28, 2020
App ReceivedMar 04, 2020
AOROct 19, 2020
In Process ecasNov 6, 2020
Test Invite letter/ecas dateSep 20, 2021
Test Interview dateSep 20, 2021
Decision MadeMar 9, 2022
OathWaiting
App TypeSingle
Physical Presence1106
LocationLondon, Ontario

Last edited:

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Any London, Ontario applicants here waiting for the Oath ceremony to be scheduled? Thanks

General66

Jan 25, 2022
Hello, citizenship test sign in problem after schedule date saying you cant take the test right now after typing the correct application id and uci several times

Luvit

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys, is it possible to apply for urgent issuing of a certificate ? When is it supposed to be made , before/ during / after ceremony ?