+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Luvit

Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I have done fingerprint in March, 2021. It should not be expired yet. I am just tired of these snails!! Do you know any March 2020 still waiting or all are completed??
I am still waiting. Done with test 5 months ago. Sent a form to MP office 3 days ago. Will see.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello, hope all of you are doing great. I am March 2020 applicant and still it is running and don’t know when it will be ending!! My background was completed and updated since March 2021, I did test on October 2021, and was completed and updated!! I checked my application status and surprised!! The background verification changed to in progress!! Did anyone face the same thing or any idea what’s the reason behind of this?? Please advise me. Thank you in advanced..
Don’t worry It’s routine work and They will send you Fingerprints request if you had done at start of your citizenship application

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I have done fingerprint in March, 2021. It should not be expired yet. I am just tired of these snails!! Do you know any March 2020 still waiting or all are completed??
I think there are people waiting from March 2020, myself included.
Don't worry, if they'll request the fingerprints again, then from past trends, your file will move pretty quickly from thereon. People who are waiting on test have gotten test invite after 2nd fingerprint requests and people waiting on oath have gotten oath invites soon after.

Reactions: ttttt

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I am still waiting. Done with test 5 months ago. Sent a form to MP office 3 days ago. Will see.
Sorry to hear about that you are in my same boat!! It is very frustrating!! Really sick and tired of the process or working abilities they have!! Hope we will have this era ending soon!!

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I think there are people waiting from March 2020, myself included.
Don't worry, if they'll request the fingerprints again, then from past trends, your file will move pretty quickly from thereon. People who are waiting on test have gotten test invite after 2nd fingerprint requests and people waiting on oath have gotten oath invites soon after.
Thank you so much for your reply! Do you think I should go ahead and do a fingerprint in advanced before they send any email ? Because I don’t wanna waste anytime!!
Is this possible to do fingerprint in advanced or should I wait? Please advise!! Thank you

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply! Do you think I should go ahead and do a fingerprint in advanced before they send any email ? Because I don’t wanna waste anytime!!
Is this possible to do fingerprint in advanced or should I wait? Please advise!! Thank you
As far as I know, you’ll need the letter from IRCC to get the fingerprints done for your application. And that letter will be sent by IRCC after they ask for fingerprints.

zackeentry

Mar 11, 2016
Hello, hope all of you are doing great. I am March 2020 applicant and still it is running and don’t know when it will be ending!! My background was completed and updated since March 2021, I did test on October 2021, and was completed and updated!! I checked my application status and surprised!! The background verification changed to in progress!! Did anyone face the same thing or any idea what’s the reason behind of this?? Please advise me. Thank you in advanced..
I am also March 2020 applicant, still no test inv, background check completed a year ago...

Kyra82

Apr 1, 2020
My citizenship oath ceremony went smoothly on Feb 8. The status was updated the following day. It was quite long (over 2 hrs) since we had over 100 ppl that day. Please make sure you have a fully charged device!! Also, for some reason they couldn't see my driver's license properly so I had to run and get my health card in-between the pre registration.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it helped me keep my hopes up lol!!! 23 months was wayyyyy too long. All the best to everyone still waiting..the end is near now!!!

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi,

The citizenship application status has changed to closed on Feb 10th. I will update once I receive the certificate!