App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
A friend is scheduled for 7th Feb. No email yet.

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Hi,

Please update - Received the invitation to take the Oath today (1st Feb 2022)

Thank you.
All the Best!

Mine is tomorrow.

A Generic Question to all, I read about cutting out PR Card during the Ceremony. How mandatory is that ? Since oath ceremony came like a surprise after long wait. Looks Like I can't find my PR card in the house. I called Immigration Customer service, they asked me to submit Solemn Declaration and convey same message to Ceremony folks. Did anyone had/heard the similar situation ?

Appreciate your response!

Reactions: n2m5

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
All the Best!

Mine is tomorrow.

A Generic Question to all, I read about cutting out PR Card during the Ceremony. How mandatory is that ? Since oath ceremony came like a surprise after long wait. Looks Like I can't find my PR card in the house. I called Immigration Customer service, they asked me to submit Solemn Declaration and convey same message to Ceremony folks. Did anyone had/heard the similar situation ?

Appreciate your response!
Thank you, wish you the same!

Sorry I have no knowledge about your question regarding the PR card.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
A friend whose Oath is on 17th Feb, received the email Invite 1st Feb.
Oath is from Niagara Office. Friend lives in Kitchener.

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

sshet02

Oct 21, 2020
Raised a webform today.
It's about 12-13 days left until the oath and still no invitation.
Mine was scheduled for Feb 01, i called them on Jan 24 at 9am. After multiple attempts i got thru them. told the guy that i didn’t receive oath invite yet, he checked my file and said he has no idea about it. I dint argue or ask anything else thinking he is just a rep and theres no point in asking/arguing with him. I thought mine would get rescheduled but on the Same day at 2.24pm i got oath invitation email.

so I suggest you give them a call.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
A friend whose Oath is on 17th Feb, received the email Invite 1st Feb.
Oath is from Niagara Office. Friend lives in Kitchener.
Mine was scheduled for Feb 01, i called them on Jan 24 at 9am. After multiple attempts i got thru them. told the guy that i didn’t receive oath invite yet, he checked my file and said he has no idea about it. I dint argue or ask anything else thinking he is just a rep and theres no point in asking/arguing with him. I thought mine would get rescheduled but on the Same day at 2.24pm i got oath invitation email.

so I suggest you give them a call.
Yes, the norm seems to be about 2 weeks prior to oath.
I got an acknowledgement of the webform I raised today morning - so going to wait till Monday before I call them.

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi all, I just checked the mail, and I finally received my certificate of citizenship! It took 3 weeks and a day, despite my requests to have it expedited. Oh well. Now to see if I can manage to get a passport by Friday so I can make my flight this time.

My best wishes to those of you still waiting. The end is near!
Did you provided them with any supporting documents for the Urgent or you just informed them orally?. THx.

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Updates: 2022-02-02
  1. Ceremony was very smooth, No issues at all.
  2. I had to fill Salomon declaration for Missing PR Card.
  3. Set signed copy or auth form and Solemn Declaration form same day.
  4. Citizenship ceremony status is Completed on same day.
I wish there was column in tracker to update these status, could help others.

Application Status is still Pending. I hoping that will be completed when I receive Citizenship certificate ?

I did plead them for urgent processing of my Citizenship certificate, but IRCC person I was speaking with unless I have ticket booked they will process it in a normal fashion.

Any Idea how should I proceed booking appointment for Passport while I am waiting certificate ?

Thanks!

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Updates: 2022-02-02
  1. Ceremony was very smooth, No issues at all.
  2. I had to fill Salomon declaration for Missing PR Card.
  3. Set signed copy or auth form and Solemn Declaration form same day.
  4. Citizenship ceremony status is Completed on same day.
I wish there was column in tracker to update these status, could help others.

Application Status is still Pending. I hoping that will be completed when I receive Citizenship certificate ?

I did plead them for urgent processing of my Citizenship certificate, but IRCC person I was speaking with unless I have ticket booked they will process it in a normal fashion.

Any Idea how should I proceed booking appointment for Passport while I am waiting certificate ?

Thanks!
Oh Oh!

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

Find information and services for new Canadians, such as

• applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres
Hoping to get certificate ASAP. Any idea how long from Application Closed to receive Citizenship certificate ?