+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
Hi Folks,

I am curious if I am the only one in this forum who applied in march2020 and still have not got even test invite,...Processing started in sept 2020.
What should I do? Webforms are useless ( sent 5 times). Made request under Privacy act - no answer....Next step I will contact MP but do not think it will be useful.

Literally, there is nothing you can do.
I'm in the same boat as you. I also sent multiple webforms over the course but only few days ago I received a reply from them saying they have my application and they can confirm that its still in progress, nothing more.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
At last, test is scheduled from Jan 24. But I still haven't received the test invite email. Shall I wait for the email before attempting the test or go ahead with the test on the start date without the invite email?

allmm

Mar 5, 2019
Some movement on my application, after a long while. I received the invitation to test last week. I am now waiting for my oath letter and the ceremony. Can someone update the tracker (it may require a new entry, I don't see my initial entry anymore)? All my information is in my signature. Thank you and best wishes to all.

Reactions: mogly

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
We had our citizenship ceremony almost 2 months ago. Citizenship certificates haven’t arrived yet. We are at Scarborough office. Does anyone know which immigration phone number we can call to find out?

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
I got my oath invitation (Calgary office) for February 2. I had originally been invited to take it on December 14, 2021 but I had to reschedule because I am currently residing in Europe and I didn't want to miss Christmas with my family. I never expected to be invited this quick again, I am very grateful for this. I will be flying to Canada soon and finish up this whole process quickly I hope!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Heyyy congrats you made it!!! Did you get your passport on time? Which office did you go to?
Sorry y'all, forgot to update the thread! So I was able to make an appointment at the passport office the same day I received my certificate for the following day. It was an urgent application, so I handed in my documents and they called my guarantor and references right away. Then I was able to pick up my passport the following day and make my flight the next day!

Happy to answer any questions that I can :)

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Sorry y'all, forgot to update the thread! So I was able to make an appointment at the passport office the same day I received my certificate for the following day. It was an urgent application, so I handed in my documents and they called my guarantor and references right away. Then I was able to pick up my passport the following day and make my flight the next day!

Oh my god that’s awesome news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! So I got my certificate as well! My flight though is on the 22nd of February. So I wanted to apply for express processing, not the urgent one, should I call Service Canada soon or should I wait a bit more? It says 2-9 business days for express processing and let’s say we called to get appointment like more than 9 business days, do they say “Just mail in your applications”?

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020

That's amazing, how did you manage to get it on same day appointment @passport office ?
I got my oath invitation (Calgary office) for February 2. I had originally been invited to take it on December 14, 2021 but I had to reschedule because I am currently residing in Europe and I didn't want to miss Christmas with my family. I never expected to be invited this quick again, I am very grateful for this. I will be flying to Canada soon and finish up this whole process quickly I hope!
Same here on same day, I got my oath letter yesterday.. Long anticipated finally over. ! Wish you all "all the best"!

Reactions: Lomi90

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Had my citizenship interview this morning! Passed! Hoping to see DM soon! She said it was a 4-5 month wait to be invited but the oath would likely be in person in Vancouver.

March 8 2020: Application signed and sent.
Sep 4, 2020: AOR
Jan 26 2021: Background check passed.
Jul 23 2021: Citz test invite (Window: Jul 30-Aug 20)
Aug 18 2021: Citz test passed (19/20)
Oct 12 2021: Request for copy of passport pages
Oct 18 2021: Passport pages scan sent.
Oct 20 2021: Request for exit/entry records to USA
Oct 20 2021: Exit/entry records sent. Realized I'd made a mistake on my presence calculator (one US departure was not recorded on the entry/exit history), emailed them and explained that I'd been in Canada 5 extra days that I hadn't included.
Nov 12 2021: Interview passed!

They weren't worried about the 5 days I had messed up on the presence calculator. They were mostly interested in why I am in the USA right now (Canadian citizen spouse has a temp work visa for the US), but explained we are planning to return in the next year when her visa expires.

So relieved!!
Can u please advise me how you get entry exit record from USA and what is the procedure?

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
How long does the passport take by mail?
Also, do they send back your citizenship certificate alongside the passport?

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
A friend of mine got two notifications in the portal. Oath invite for Feb 7 and then oath invite for Feb 17. No email yet. The portal got updated today 24 Jan. anybody else in the same boat i.e. with 2 notifications