+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Hey guys, sorry for the repost but hoping someone can help me:

I've got a question about the citizenship ceremony..
So, mine is supposed to be on Nov 16th, got the update about that months ago on the app status tracker. But since then nothing. I know we have to present some documents and what not, but they still haven't contacted me anything at all about the ceremony. What documents do I present and what's the procedure since it's online, do I show the documents in the ceremony..?
Or do we upload them somewhere before the ceremony?

Also, do we receive the citizenship certificate by mail before the virtual ceremony?

Thanks!

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello guys. Looking for advice.
So I've sent the signed oath to the email they provided in the forms when they were invited to the oath ceremony. During the ceremony, we were told to use a different subject line from the one indicated in the documents they initially sent (The subject we needed to use was "NK-October 26, 2021" I took a screenshot of it during the ceremony so I would not forget). I emailed the signed attachment within the hour after the ceremony last Tuesday.

Today is Nov 3rd (so a week later) and the citizenship tracker still says "Oath Ceremony pending". Is this normal? Will this change sometime on its own or do I need to reach out to them to confirm they received the document? I am a bit worried that the status still has not changed.

PS: I did receive an automated email from them after I sent my form- so I know that my email did reach their mailbox.
Usually it takes 2-3 business days for Ecas to be updated as Closed once you have sent the signed Oath form. There was someone on this forum who reported that he had to send the oath form again.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-application-from-saskatchewan.720325/page-45#post-9788505

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014

So, mine is supposed to be on Nov 16th, got the update about that months ago on the app status tracker. But since then nothing. I know we have to present some documents and what not, but they still haven't contacted me anything at all about the ceremony. What documents do I present and what's the procedure since it's online, do I show the documents in the ceremony..?

Also, do we receive the citizenship certificate by mail before the virtual ceremony?

Thanks!
You just need to show your PR card and read out the number at the back of the PR card and then cut the card into pieces and show them one piece of Govt issued ID which has your Photo & Name on it, such as DL or ID card.

You will receive an email as you get close to November 16, probably next week, if you dont get by Nov 12 just give them a call.

Reactions: aaq94

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
Hello all, quick update. My oath ceremony was done yesterday. 82 people attended from 39 countries. Oath of Citizenship conducted by Calgary office. Overall it took about 1hr 45mins.

Registration went fast- about 3 mins- - where the lady confirmed address, asked to cut the pr card, asked if any travel is planned in the next month, and then transferred me into the main ceremony room. (Upon joining the zoom meeting, they ask you to rename yourself with seat number in front , followed by your first name). There we had to wait for everyone else to join. About 1 hour.

Observation: lots of elderly people either on their own or with family (probably around 60% or more in this particular ceremony), some didn't know how to mute themselves - so lots of noise at the background; Many were wearing formal clothes - a suit and a tie, also tradition clothes or something red sweaters/shirts were observed; handful of people displayed Canadian flag and other Canadian paraphernalia at the background- which was nice.

Ceremony itself was conducted by the judge and the ceremony assistant who was directing everyone what to do (when to turn the camera on, mute/unmute yourself- so better practice if you don't know how to use the zoom platform). It took about 30 mins - judge's speech, repeat of the oath in english and french, sing national anthem and take photo/selfie with the judge. The directions on how to fill and send the oath of affirmation of citizenship was at the very end- and it was presented as a slideshow - about 5-8 mins. They encourage to email the filled copy of it asap or within 2 days, and it will take 2-4 weeks to get the certificate.

People were encourage to stay back to ask questions if they had any at the end. I left as I had none. I hope this info helps someone. Let me know if any questions.
Why do they ask if you plan to travel over the next month? My wife and me are travelling to Canada just for the oath and then going back. Is it an issue? We plan to issue passports at the Canadian embassy abroad (after certificates will be couriered to us by a friend). Not planning to return to Canada over the next few months.

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
You just need to show your PR card and read out the number at the back of the PR card and then cut the card into pieces and show them one piece of Govt issued ID which has your Photo & Name on it, such as DL or ID card.

You will receive an email as you get close to November 16, probably next week, if you dont get by Nov 12 just give them a call.
Can I use my health card as an ID? The Driver's License is expired and wasn't renewed do to Covid since they waived renewal until February 2022 (Ontario)

Pashtun

May 25, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hey everyone. Just to give my Mississauga applicants/friends some hope, I am a March 2020 applicant and I got an Oath Invite for November 13.

After the oath, I am planning a trip to the US. Is it possible that my friend mails/courier me the certificate and then I apply for a passport in the US? Thank you.

vvvvdddd

Nov 5, 2021
Hi all,

A bit overview of my app status:

March 2020 applied
Sep 2020 AOR
Jan 2021 Background Check Completed

Since Jan 2021 I haven't received no updates, Is there anything I can do here besides waiting? Moreover, my PR Card will expire in Mar 2022, I don't want to apply for a renewal.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi all,

March 2020 applied
Sep 2020 AOR

Since Jan 2021 I haven't received no updates, Is there anything I can do here besides waiting? Moreover, my PR Card will expire in Mar 2022, I don't want to apply for a renewal.
Things are very uncertain (COVID related). Many 2019 applicants remain in the dark. I would think carefully about not renewing your PR card.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi all,

March 2020 applied
Sep 2020 AOR

You can try submitting a webform to enquire about your application or contact your local MP. MP can help you get the status of your application but can't do more than that.
Webform seems to be of no use these days due to the Afghanistan situation.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Got my in-person appointment for passport application for Nov 12. If I do express, which I will. How long this will take any idea?

Reactions: Slankey

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Did you wait to receive your citizenship certificate before booking the appointment? Just curious. Thanks
Yes, Nov 3. Oath taken Oct 26. You don't need to have the certificate to book your appointment, but they did asked me if I have it. However, it's better to have it in hand before scheduling as you don't know when this will come. I heard it can take 2-4 wks but in my case it came quick.

akta

May 17, 2017

Thanks!
Don't worry. You will receive the email. Mine was 2nd Nov and I received email on 23rd Oct. So soon you will receiving too. From documents perspective you will need,
1. The Oath form that you will receive in an oath invitation Email.
2. Two identification documents like PR Card, DL, Health Card.
3. Your PR card (even if it's expired) which Officer will ask to cut you in 4 pieces in front of him/her.

Hope this will make you bit calm. I know it's very difficult though :p. I went through the same :)

Reactions: aaq94

akta

May 17, 2017
Hello guys. Looking for advice.
So I've sent the signed oath to the email they provided in the forms when they were invited to the oath ceremony. During the ceremony, we were told to use a different subject line from the one indicated in the documents they initially sent (The subject we needed to use was "NK-October 26, 2021" I took a screenshot of it during the ceremony so I would not forget). I emailed the signed attachment within the hour after the ceremony last Tuesday.

Today is Nov 3rd (so a week later) and the citizenship tracker still says "Oath Ceremony pending". Is this normal? Will this change sometime on its own or do I need to reach out to them to confirm they received the document? I am a bit worried that the status still has not changed.

PS: I did receive an automated email from them after I sent my form- so I know that my email did reach their mailbox.
Are you sure the subject as you mentioned is correct one? In oath invitation letter I had something like "Oath form for "Case File Number", "Applicant Name".
Moreover, Officer just ask me to reply to the original oath invitation letter which was having different subject line. I sent mailed them in both subjects immediately after oath.
1. With the subject mentioned in Oath invitation
2. As per officer instruction.

My oath was on 2nd Nov and status got closed on 4th Nov.