+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

tessun

Jun 9, 2020
Update

Office: Montreal
Citizenship ceremony:
October 21
Citizenship certificate received!!: October 29 (I asked for the certificate to be expedited during the ceremony given travel, however, they didn't request the travel proof, they just said they will do the best they can but I needed to send them the oath of citizenship signed asap after the ceremony, which I did.) Pleased with how quick they were!

Also if this helps anyone regarding passport appointment timelines:
I also called the passport office prior to receiving the certificate to get an appointment and managed to get one for mid-November ( I assumed I would have the certificate by then), there were some earlier but in locations that weren't convenient + I didn't know when I would receive the certificate. They did not ask if I had my certificate already but they did say I would have to present proof of travel if I needed to request an urgent passport.

If you're hoping to get an appointment soon I'd say call after your ceremony and try to get an appointment with some weeks in between to make sure you get your certificate in time.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
101+ days and counting since Decision Made and no sign of Oath.... CIC just seem to be sleeping on some cases..!!!!
Same here +2 days - mine DM was 21 July. I am from Mississauga office. No oath invites from that office in more than a month. Correct me if i am wrong.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Same here +2 days - mine DM was 21 July. I am from Mississauga office. No oath invites from that office in more than a month. Correct me if i am wrong.
Absolutely we are in the same boat.
Did you try calling CIC?

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Absolutely we are in the same boat.
Did you try calling CIC?
Yes, around a month back. Reached them after so much waiting. Agent could not give me anything. He has no clue. He could not even tell if DM is approval or rejection. It was a complete waste.

Reached out to MP as well, they gave the standard reply that due to rush from afghan applications , they cant commit anything.

Created a web form request to expedite oath invite because i have a flight to catch on 20 Dec and my PR card is expired. Again standard reply, they cant commit anything.

At this time, i stopped trying and just waiting for oath impatiently.

If anybody else from Mississauga office received an oath invite recently, please let us know.

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Everyone from the Mis office is waiting and waiting ppl with 5-7 months DM and ppl with 3-5 months DM.. at this point.. just have to wait and watch and be positive that its going to come through sooner than later...

Reactions: JoeHanna123

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Over 2 months since test completed - No DM yet; no request for any documents either.
I just lost patience today and raised a webform.
"Thank you for contacting IRCC
... we have shifted resources ...
If you are inquiry is not one of the following .... you will not receive an answer ...
IRCC"

After 2.5 months, they are still using the Afghan's crisis.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Yes, around a month back. Reached them after so much waiting. Agent could not give me anything. He has no clue. He could not even tell if DM is approval or rejection. It was a complete waste.

Reached out to MP as well, they gave the standard reply that due to rush from afghan applications , they cant commit anything.

Created a web form request to expedite oath invite because i have a flight to catch on 20 Dec and my PR card is expired. Again standard reply, they cant commit anything.

At this time, i stopped trying and just waiting for oath impatiently.

If anybody else from Mississauga office received an oath invite recently, please let us know.
Thanks for the details. Let's just wait and watch, no other option.!

Markwaiting123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Aug 2016
Med's Request
Sep 2016
Med's Done....
Sep 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 2017 (Finnaly)
Finally an update received today for oath ceremony will be on November 18, 2021. no email has been received yet.. update was on CIC.

Aug 27, 2021
Everyone from the Mis office is waiting and waiting ppl with 5-7 months DM and ppl with 3-5 months DM.. at this point.. just have to wait and watch and be positive that its going to come through sooner than later...
I got oath ceremony invite for Nov 13th. My application is with the Mississauga office.
I have been a silent follower of this group but wanted to update since the guys with Mississauga office are losing hope.

My last DM with everything except Oath completed was on July 30. Received the oath invite on 28th October.

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Thanks for the response buddy... My DM made was just a few days before yours and I am not sure where it is stuck now.... its been more than 3 months now and i dont know how long the wait is going to be...

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
5-7 Months wait after DM..... Reallly???

This makes me think i shall renew my PR card.

akta

May 17, 2017
Finally became Canadian Citizen. Today took my Oath for citizenship. It was around 1.5 hr ceremony. Hopefully will receive the certificate soon in next 2 weeks as mentioned by officer.

Reactions: manmoi31

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Our PM had clearly mentioned thanks for "sending back to work", he forgot to add "after lengthy paid vacation", so just wait and keep checking your status, anyways we can't do anything else.