+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Is it possible to participate in the online oath ceremony being outside Canada ?
Hmmm. They repeatedly mention you need to be in Canada to partake in the ceremony. If you are not in canada you need to inform them. I think the ceremony can be performed outside canada under special circumstances check this forum for some of the circumstances. However if you decide to do the ceremony outside canada without informing them remember you will be asked to tear up your pr card. And if you then apply for your passport outside canada it surely will draw suspicion to the fact that you were outside canada when you took the oath. The implication of this kind of misrepresentation is what I dont know. If you think you cannot be in canada now best to reach out to them and find out if you can do it outside canada

Luvit

Sep 2, 2021
Hmmm. They repeatedly mention you need to be in Canada to partake in the ceremony. If you are not in canada you need to inform them. I think the ceremony can be performed outside canada under special circumstances check this forum for some of the circumstances. However if you decide to do the ceremony outside canada without informing them remember you will be asked to tear up your pr card. And if you then apply for your passport outside canada it surely will draw suspicion to the fact that you were outside canada when you took the oath. The implication of this kind of misrepresentation is what I dont know. If you think you cannot be in canada now best to reach out to them and find out if you can do it outside canada
Thank you so much for these reasonable thoughts.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Anybody in this portal with DM made before July Mid and still have not got the oath invite?

ketti

Feb 23, 2021
Anybody in this portal with DM made before July Mid and still have not got the oath invite?
DM since july 8th have been scheduled for oath on sept 17 th and then canceled the day after the schedule appeared on my profile. since then no change so far , no re-schedule. My Father passed away and i provided with the death certificate as a proof to get my oath speed up. nobody responded to me. I haven't not attend my Dad burial ceremony because i do not have a correct travelling document . my home country passport was expired and i couldn't travel with it. IRCC is hurting a lot ..... my file was sent since september 2019

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
DM since july 8th have been scheduled for oath on sept 17 th and then canceled the day after the schedule appeared on my profile. since then no change so far , no re-schedule. My Father passed away and i provided with the death certificate as a proof to get my oath speed up. nobody responded to me. I haven't not attend my Dad burial ceremony because i do not have a correct travelling document . my home country passport was expired and i couldn't travel with it. IRCC is hurting a lot ..... my file was sent since september 2019
Sorry to hear that.
I am more or less in the same boat, with my PR expired and no oath invite after the DM made on Jul 21.
I have to travel to my home country on Dec 20 and i am worried because i wont be having any travel document.

I raised an expedite request giving this reason last week and no reply.

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Sorry to hear that.
I am more or less in the same boat, with my PR expired and no oath invite after the DM made on Jul 21.
I have to travel to my home country on Dec 20 and i am worried because i wont be having any travel document.

Exactly the same issue, i tried asking for updates (TWICE) and ask to expedite my processing as I haven't seen my parents in 2 yrs and the company i am working with is asking that I start travelling.. (PR expired and current passport expired with processing ETAs of more than 3 months) nothing.. other than my application is in process and that i should wait for updates.. I even asked for my notes over 40 days ago NOTHING... :(

dh_2019

Oct 3, 2019
Sorry to hear that.

My DM was also made on Jul 21 and last week I got an update on Citizenship Ceremony in progress and received an email on Saturday for Oath on Oct 21.
Hopefully, you will get a similar update today or tomorrow.

Reactions: soumya2k2

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
My DM made was end of July but no oath invite yet... its a very very long wait and hopefully we get to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon..

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
My DM was also made on Jul 21 and last week I got an update on Citizenship Ceremony in progress and received an email on Saturday for Oath on Oct 21.
Hopefully, you will get a similar update today or tomorrow.
Btw - forgot to ask which office?