+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Finally status for my wife's application is updated. (Test complete on 30th August, DM in ECAS on 31st August).
Now status for both of us is "Decision Made" in ECAS. "In Progress" in new tracker with all steps completed except OATH.
However for my daughter, only "Prohibition" is marked to complete, Oath & Test are not started and rest are in progress. Is it the way it should be? When her all other statuses will be marked to complete?
If your daughter is under 14 years of age, she doesn't need to take oath or the test and doesn't require language proof. So, that's the way her status would be and its normal.

If you and your wife have DM on ECAS, you're all good, next step is oath.

Goodbetterbest

Jul 6, 2021
If your daughter is under 14 years of age, she doesn't need to take oath or the test and doesn't require language proof. So, that's the way her status would be and its normal.

If you and your wife have DM on ECAS, you're all good, next step is oath.
My son was under 14 when we applied. But now he is 14 years old. My status is DM while his test and oath are not started and the rest are all in process. My question is why their child’s “Prohibition”is completed,while my son’s “Prohibition” is in process. Is it normal? Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My son was under 14 when we applied. But now he is 14 years old. My status is DM while his test and oath are not started and the rest are all in process. My question is why their child’s “Prohibition”is completed,while my son’s “Prohibition” is in process. Is it normal? Thank you!
Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" for your child before you get your oath notification. If your child was less than 14 years of age at the time of the application, he doesn't have to take oath (The requirement is based on age at the time of application, not the time of oath AFAIK).

Reactions: Goodbetterbest

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
I checked my Status on August 30th and it said , oath is in progress you're scheduled to take the oath on September 17th, I checked it today( August 31st) and the message that scheduled my oath date disappeared and the oath status is still in progress. Is it normal? does something go wrong? anybody experience this?
Maybe they want to give you your citizenship before the elections so you can vote. So they would rather leave it open. I wont be surprised you get a call before your oath date is finally fixed.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Well, currently, oath is being scheduled in Dec 2021, Jan and Feb 2022 for mid-late 2020 applicants. While you might get your oath notification much sooner than that, the oath dates might be a little far in the future.
What about the March 2020 applicants? Passed my citizenship test last July aaaaaand they stopped touching my file again! Still says “We have to confirm you have adequate knowledge of English”. JUST LOOK AT MY CELPIP CERTIFICATE MAYBE??! This whole thing since 2020 is a SCANDAL and if I don’t get any oath invite in a few months I’m going in front of their building to protest! These irresponsible lazy people basically playing GOD and here is not a third world country! I lost my health while waiting for this for years. I had hopes when I passed the test but now all silence again! There are people waiting for an oath invite for 7 months!!! I won’t wait for one more year. Some online December 2020 applicants already got their citizenship! This unfairness makes me sick. I will never forget this scandal.

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
What about the March 2020 applicants? Passed my citizenship test last July aaaaaand they stopped touching my file again! Still says “We have to confirm you have adequate knowledge of English”. JUST LOOK AT MY CELPIP CERTIFICATE MAYBE??! This whole thing since 2020 is a SCANDAL and if I don’t get any oath invite in a few months I’m going in front of their building to protest! These irresponsible lazy people basically playing GOD and here is not a third world country! I lost my health while waiting for this for years. I had hopes when I passed the test but now all silence again! There are people waiting for an oath invite for 7 months!!! I won’t wait for one more year. Some online December 2020 applicants already got their citizenship! This unfairness makes me sick. I will never forget this scandal.
if you have a Canadian family member or friend, ask them to send an email to the prime minister, or you can. Emphasis the purpose of being a citizen and how you can support the election process. My Canadian family member vouched for me and the remaining relatives caught in the limbo (passed exam). Of course, she didn't use my name, general. If everyone does this, trust me. IRCC will be calling. They fast tracked my Aunt's application just to secure a vote (when the Conservatives were in power - pre covid). We have nothing to lose now, right.

Reactions: DejavuCA

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
if you have a Canadian family member or friend, ask them to send an email to the prime minister, or you can. Emphasis the purpose of being a citizen and how you can support the election process. My Canadian family member vouched for me and the remaining relatives caught in the limbo (passed exam). Of course, she didn't use my name, general. If everyone does this, trust me. IRCC will be calling. They fast tracked my Aunt's application just to secure a vote (when the Conservatives were in power - pre covid). We have nothing to lose now, right.
Does that matter that I’m in the heart of conservativeland Alberta (Calgary)?

• Haha
Reactions: desertrose416

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Passed my citizenship test last July aaaaaand they stopped touching my file again! Still says “We have to confirm you have adequate knowledge of English”. JUST LOOK AT MY CELPIP CERTIFICATE MAYBE??!
How did you come to know about it? is it gcms or the call center guys told you about it?
I thought that they dont have anyway to verify and simply marking as complete if they see the document for language. hmm may be they have some innovative way to delay the application at each step in the name of verification.

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
How did you come to know about it? is it gcms or the call center guys told you about it?
I thought that they dont have anyway to verify and simply marking as complete if they see the document for language. hmm may be they have some innovative way to delay the application at each step in the name of verification.
No no, when I check their tracking tool, it says that language, residency etc in process and “We are making sure you meet the criteria” etc etc. Just generic words, not specific for my case. Also I didn’t even travel anywhere and my application is so basic. All I know is I won’t wait for one more year to be able to take the oath. Im all alone in Canada, didn’t see my mom for more than two years. She is 73 years old and there is this pandemic that doesn’t even go away, she didn’t get sick yet. Also if I travel abroad and there will possibly be new travel restrictions like complete lockdowns etc, Canadian Government first cares about the citizens, not permanent residents. Expecially not someone that is coming from a controversial Middle Eastern country that is basically a sanitarium instead of an actual country. I am beyond tired and If these reckless people will keep playing God to us immigrants, I will go there and protest even though I have to do it by myself. Canada is one of the best countries in the world with free speech right? Let’s go. My years are stolen, naturally I’m a person who can not tolerate injustice and these things are hurting me so bad. And hey sorry for my grammar mistakes as I still “didn’t meet the language eligibility criteria yet” ✌Cheers

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Halifax Office.
DM - Aug 11. No emails since then, oath not started. What is my avg wait time? Like another year?

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Everything set to completed except ceremony today for me. I notice this with IRCC: when it pours it rains. So I believe people who are waiting getting the updates soon.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram